Kodi is an amazing platform for those who do not want to pay a monthly premium pack to watch and enjoy on-demand movies and TV shows. It works well for almost all devices, it is flawless but occasional errors may occur in the platform. Many users face can’t watch streams on Kodi issues when they try to stream any video content on the platform. This guide will help you fix Kodi no stream available error.
How to Fix Can’t Watch Streams on Kodi Error
If you can’t watch streams on Kodi on your Windows 10 PC, you can easily shrink down the most possible causes that trigger the problem. Analyze this list of reasons that cause the problem on your device.
- Corrupt Kodi installation or few necessary Kodi installation files are broken or damaged.
- Misconfigured database files on your device that can only be resolved when you remove them completely.
- Few Kodi processes are still running on your device. So, if you continue with the last session, you cannot open a new one.
- The cache files of Kodi are corrupt.
- The Kodi add-ons are outdated or not fully updated to their latest version.
- The graphics drivers in your device are outdated or not compatible.
- Geographic location is restricted to your device.
Here is a list of troubleshooting methods that will help you fix no stream available on Kodi issue. Follow them in the same order to attain the best results.
Method 1: Basic Troubleshooting Methods
The basic troubleshooting methods to fix can’t watch streams on Kodi are explained in this section.
1A. Reboot System
This is a simple fix that will help you fix can’t watch streams on Kodi on Windows PC problem at ease. Restarting the Kodi media player is one of the simplest fixes that will fix all the glitches on the player and media content.
The first approach to fix no stream available error is to force restart your PC. Press the Windows key, click on the Power button, and click on the Restart option to solve the glitches on your PC.
1B. Troubleshoot Internet Connectivity
To enjoy the media streaming services on Kodi without Kodi no stream available issue, your computer must satisfy basic internet requirements. A proper internet connection is necessary to send and receive data from Kodi servers. You can check the internet connection by pinging 18.104.22.168. This is the primary internet connectivity test and if the packets sent and received are equal, then it indicates your internet connection is working fine.
1. Hit the Windows key and type cmd. Click on Run as administrator as shown.
2. Now, type Ping 22.214.171.124 in the command window and hit Enter key.
3A. If the number of packets sent is equal to the number of packets received (0% loss), then your internet connection is working fine.
3B. If the number of packets sent is not equal to the number of packets received (n% loss), you have issues with your internet connection. Try restarting your Restart Router or Modem or switching to an Ethernet connection to tackle the problem.
Also, you can follow our guide to troubleshoot network connectivity problems on Windows 10.
1C. Delete all Temporary Files
The numerous cache files on your PC might be a reason for Kodi no stream available error, you can try deleting all the temporary files on the PC. Read the method on the link given here to clear all the temporary files on your PC to fix the error.
1D. Close Background Processes
There may be plenty of applications that run in the background. This will increase the CPU and memory usage, thereby affecting the performance of the computer. In such cases, you can close a program or any application with the help of the Task Manager. But, if you face a Kodi no stream available error, you will have to look for the answers to how to force close a program without Task Manager. To do so, follow our guide on How to End Task in Windows 10.
If all these basic troubleshooting methods do not work, move ahead to the next troubleshooting method.
Method 2: Update or Reinstall Graphics Driver
The Graphics Driver on your PC may be corrupt or outdated, and you may not be able to use the search feature on the Kodi app. Read the method to update the Graphics driver on your PC using the link provided here to fix Kodi no stream available error.
Many problems can arise due to a malfunctioning driver, which could leave you scratching your head. The uninstallation and reinstallation of system drivers will delete the current driver installed in the system and replace it with the latest version. You can easily reinstall Graphical drivers as instructed in our guide How to Uninstall and Reinstall Drivers on Windows 10.
Also Read: Fix Kodi Won’t Open in Windows 10
Method 3: Clear Cache Of Kodi Media Player
Can’t watch streams on Kodi issue may occur on the PC if there are numerous cache files on the Kodi media player. In this case, you can try deleting the Cache on your add-on or media player to fix the streaming issue.
1. Press the Windows key, type Kodi and click on Open.
2. Click on the Add-ons tab on the left pane of the window.
3. Then, click on the My add-ons tab on the left pane of the next window to see all the installed add-ons on the Kodi app.
4. Now, click on your add-on in the Video add-ons section to open the Exodus add-on screen.
5. Next, click on the Tools tab on the screen.
6. Click on the Clear cache option on the list displayed to clear all the cache files.
7. Finally, click on the OK button to confirm the selection and restart the Kodi app.
Method 4: Disable Hardware Acceleration Feature
Several Windows users have confirmed that Kodi no stream available issue is fixed by disabling the hardware acceleration feature in the media player. We recommend you to follow these steps to disable the feature as instructed below.
1. Launch the Kodi player as instructed in the above method.
2. Now, go to Settings by clicking on the cog-wheel icon at the top left corner of the screen as shown.
3. Now, select the Player option as highlighted.
Note: If you are using an old version of Kodi, you have to click on Player Settings.
4. Now, click on gear icon from the bottom left corner of the screen till you find Expert option.
5. Now, disable Allow Hardware Acceleration turning it off and check if this helps you fix the discussed Kodi streaming issue on Windows 10 PC.
Also Read: Fix Kodi Search Error on Windows 10
Method 5: Update Kodi Add-ons
If the Kodi add-ons are outdated or corrupt, you may see a no stream available on Kodi issue on the PC. Follow the steps below to update the add-on and fix the issue.
1. Hit the Windows key, type Kodi and click on Open.
2. Click on the Add-ons tab on the left pane of the window.
3. In My add-ons tab, right-click on the your add-on in the Video add-ons section, and click on the Information option from the given menu.
4. Now, click on the Update button on the screen to update the add-on.
Note: You can also enable the Auto-update button on the screen to install the updates of the your add-on automatically on the Kodi app.
Repeat these steps to update all the add-ons available on Kodi and check if you can fix the discussed problem.
Method 6: Update Kodi To Latest Version
If you are using an outdated version of Kodi, you have to update it to the latest version to fix Kodi no stream available error. In this case, you have to update Kodi as instructed below.
1. Hit the Windows key and type Windows Store. Then, click on Open.
2. Now, go to the search menu and type Kodi.
3. Then, find the Kodi player and click on Get button to check if there are any updates available.
4A. If there are any updates available, follow the on-screen instructions to update it.
4B. If the Kodi media player is already updated, skip to the next troubleshooting method.
Also Read: Fix Kodi Ares Wizard Not Working in Windows 10
Method 7: Delete Kodi Database Files
Sometimes, you can’t watch streams on Kodi due to corrupt, damaged or incompatible Kodi database files on your PC. In this case, you have to delete all these old database files as instructed below to enjoy your video without any issues.
1. Launch Kodi app as instructed in above methods and move to Settings menu.
2. Then, click on File manager.
3. Now, navigate to the Profile Directory menu of the player.
4. Then, go to Database and then press addons.DB.
Note: This addons.DB file comes along with some versions and numbers like addons20.DB.
Then, delete these database files and check if the issue is resolved or not.
Method 8: Restore to Kodi Default Settings
If using a VPN connection does not help you fix no stream available on Kodi on your Windows 10 PC, you can follow the below-mentioned steps to restore your Kodi media player to their default settings.
1. Launch Kodi and click on the Factory Restore option present on the home screen.
2. Now, you will get a prompt to grant permission. Confirm all the prompts by clicking on Yes.
3. Now, wait until all these processes are finished, and once done, restart Kodi media player.
4. Import all the media library files to play your videos without any interruptions.
Also Read: How to Install Kodi Add Ons
Method 9: Reinstall Kodi
Still if you face can’t watch streams on Kodi issue even after restoring the media player to its default settings, most probably, your Kodi media player might have some bug within the problem. You have to delete all the Kodi data left on your computer and start it from the scratch to reinstall it again. Follow the below-mentioned steps to reinstall Kodi.
1. Hit the Windows key, type Control Panel and click on Open.
2. Now, click on Uninstall a program under the Programs menu as shown.
3. Now, select Kodi from the list and click on Uninstall as shown. Then, confirm any prompt that comes in the next window.
4. Now, open the File Explorer, and switch to the View tab and check the Hidden items box in the Show/hide section.
5. Then, navigate to the following location.
6. Delete all the files present in the Kodi folder. Once you have deleted all the Kodi files from your PC, restart your computer.
Note: If you receive a prompt that Kodi files cannot be deleted since few of the programs are in use, try closing all the Kodi processes and delete them all.
7. Download Kodi Installer according to your requirement from its official website, as shown.
8. Choose where to download the file. Then, run the downloaded Kodi 19.3 Matrix 64-bit installer by double-clicking on it.
9. Click on Next in the Kodi Setup window, as shown.
10. Read the License Agreement. Then, click I Agree button.
11. Choose the Full option under select the type of install: drop-down menu.
12. Also, check the box titled Microsoft Visual C++ packages. Then, click Next.
13. Choose your Destination Folder to install the app by clicking on Browse… and then, click Next, shown highlighted.
14. Now, select the folder in which you would like to create the program’s shortcuts as Start Menu folder or new folder. Then, click on Install.
Note: We have created a folder titled Kodi in the example below.
15. Wait for the installation process to finish.
16. Finally, click on Finish button. Now, you can run & use Kodi app as explained in the next section.
Once you have restarted Kodi, you will not face any issues related to it.
Also Read: Top 10 Best Add Ons for 3D Movies on Kodi
Pro Tip: Use VPN (Virtual Private Network)
More often Kodi no stream available issue is caused when your Internet Service Provider blocks your geographic location for some privacy reasons. So, in this you have to use appropriate VPN connection to encrypt your network traffic and makes your media playable.
To be short, while the Kodi software is open-source, free, and legal, some of the available add-ons allow you to access content illegally. Your local network provider is likely to monitor and report live streaming, TV, and movie plug-ins to the government and business authorities, leaving you exposed every time you go online. Therefore, you may use a Virtual Private Network to shield yourself from spying on the service providers. VPNs operate as a barrier between you and the downloaded content. Read our guide on What is VPN? How it Works?
It is advisable to use VPN while using Kodi to solve can’t watch streams on Kodi issue. Even though Kodi is officially legal to use, some add-ons in Kodi are not created or developed by the official developers. Hence, use a trusted VPN service to safeguard yourself and watch content from any part of the world, without disclosing your true location or information.
Note: Here NordVPN is used as an example for demonstration. You can use any VPN as you like.
1. Download NordVPN by clicking on the Download App button, as shown.
2. In the Setup Nord VPN window, click on Browse… to choose installation location and click Next.
3. Choose any or both options for shortcuts, as needed:
- Create a desktop shortcut or,
- Create a shortcut in the Start menu.
Then, click Next, as depicted below.
4. Launch NordVPN app and Sign-up.
5. Once logged into your account, click on the Settings icon as highlighted below.
6. On the left-hand side, select Split tunneling.
7. Turn the toggle On as it will allow you to Choose which apps should use VPN-protected connections.
8. Click on Enable VPN for selected apps only option. Then, click Add Apps.
9. Select Kodi from the list and click on Add selected button.
10. Now, select Your Server on the Map to watch your favorite show.
11. Next, go to Kodi desktop app and click on Power icon and then on Reboot, as illustrated below.
Enjoy watching shows or movies in Kodi with utmost privacy and anonymity. However, the only downside of using Nord VPN is that it might be slow to connect sometimes. But we believe it’s worth it!
We hope that this guide was helpful, and you could fix can’t watch streams on Kodi on your Windows 10 device. Let us know which method worked for you the best. Also, if you have any queries/suggestions regarding this article, then feel free to drop them in the comments section.