Think a firewall and antivirus are enough to protect your PC ? Think again: they are only the base that must be supplemented by small, more specific software. Your antivirus is not foolproof. The slightest inattention opens doors to various malware: malware, spyware, spam, ransomware , etc .
- The different types of malware
- The best anti-malware software
- Detect and eradicate malware with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
- Eliminate adware-type malware with AdwCleaner
- Get rid of malware with Rogue Killer
- Remove viruses, PUPs and adware with ZHPCleaner
The different types of malware
In principle, your antivirus or your firewall blocks this type of intrusion, but this mission is too often compromised. You must therefore surround your protection software with small free light utilities. Each of them will be focused on a task: searching for dangerous files, locating spyware or preventing personal files being taken hostage. Whether they act upstream or downstream of your antivirus, they will always help you keep control of your system and your data. When you have tasted these discreet but powerful tools, you will have a hard time living without them. But before presenting them to you, we will take a look at the different types of malware.
- Viruses : Perhaps the most well-known of all, viruses are malware that break into legitimate programs to facilitate their spread.
- Adware : Adware is a small piece of adware that unwittingly gets embedded in your system. Not very bad, it is especially annoying since it displays advertising in Windows windows or in your web browser.
- Malware : More malicious, devious and harmful are malware. Carriers of worms or Trojans (Trojans), they are often difficult to find and therefore to remove.
- Spyware : Spyware, also known as spyware, is spyware that installs itself on your computer without your knowledge in order to collect and transfer information about you to the hacker.
- Ransomware : This is a malicious program that will prevent access to user’s files by encrypting them. To recover its files, the owner will of course have to pay a ransom, hence its name.
The best anti-malware software
Detect and eradicate malware with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software is incredibly efficient. In its free version, it does not act as an antivirus but scans the malware slipped into your system by bypassing your antivirus. It offers a nice range of options. However, the majority of them are locked, accessible only in Premium version.
Eliminate adware-type malware with AdwCleaner
To drive out all the unwanted advertisements (adware), toolbars, and other unwanted software, I advise you to download AdwCleaner . In just a few minutes, the app does a very efficient cleaning. In return, you will have to use it regularly by relaunching it.
Get rid of malware with Rogue Killer
The free utility Rogue Killer will take care of cleaning your computer, even going so far as to track down certain information contained in the Windows registry. It is able to detect and remove generic malware and some advanced threats like rootkits, rogues, worms, etc.
Remove viruses, PUPs and adware with ZHPCleaner
This essential free tool called ZHPCleaner is primarily intended for the eradication of browser hijackers (Hijackers). In particular, it allows you to restore proxy settings and remove redirects from major browsers. ZHPCleaner will also remove adware present on your PC, responsible for unwanted advertising displays. It can be likened to any antivirus. Its function of immunizer against all forms of malware that could compromise the operating system of your PC.