Adding subtitles to your videos increases the target audience and provides several other benefits. Adding captions manually is a difficult and time-consuming task, and so to make the process easier, several apps are available. So, if you are also looking for such an auto-captioning app for Android, we have curated a list below.
- Part 1. Top 5 Automatic Subtitle Generators for Android
- Part 2. Most Recommended Auto Caption Generator in 2023
- Part 3. Auto Caption Generator App FAQs
Part 1. Top 5 Automatic Subtitle Generators for Android
The 5 best apps to automatically generate subtitles for your videos on your Android devices are below.
This Android-based app automatically adds subtitles to videos using voice recognition technology. The audio of the video file is analyzed by the application and then converted into text. The videos are processed in lossless quality and with a watermark. Additional features include text animation styles, text editing options, video sharing on social networking sites, and more.
- Easy to use free app
- Use speech recognition to turn audio into text
- Option to edit text
- This automatic subtitle generator for Android offers several styles of text animation
- The free version processes videos with a watermark
- The app can only transcribe 5 minutes of audio from the videos, then the rest of the file has to be added manually
- Advanced features with paid subscription
- The application is pleasant to use and easy to modify. The results are good.
- The application does not work properly about 25% of the time and does not recognize the voice.
- The app is fun to use but sometimes requires voice recognition correction.
This is another commonly used Android app with a rating of 4.2. The application is free with IAP. The app is able to auto-detect, transcribe, and then add subtitles to videos using AI. Captions can be modified by changing the style and colors. The generated subtitle file can also be exported and there is multilingual support.
- Free to use the app without any video length restrictions
- Automatically add subtitles to videos
- SRT file can be exported
- This automatic captioning app processes files with a watermark
- A maximum of 2 videos per day can be transcribed per day
- Only 2 videos can be processed per day, and if you need more videos to transcribe, you need to purchase a paid subscription.
- It’s a great app to use and work with.
- The app is not very effective. Long videos, even in the paid subscription, take more and more subtitles.
The app’s AI-powered automatic speech recognition allows you to recognize, translate and create subtitles automatically. The app uses speech/voice-to-text algorithms to create proper captions. You can even adjust the font size, color, and position of captions as needed. Videos with captions can be shared on social networking sites.
- Speech translation supported in over 90 languages
- AI voice recognition for automatic subtitle creation
- Option to choose the desired font, size and location for the caption
- Comes with ads
- Advanced features require a paid subscription
- It’s a great app for people who need to edit videos without wasting a lot of time.
- Wonderful application to create and edit videos and make them more beautiful by changing color, font and position.
- It is a very good app which can create subtitles in any language and match the audio of the video.
4. Auto Subtitle
With a rating of 4.4, this is another great app to automatically identify and create subtitles for a video. Captions and SRT files can also be exported if needed, and the app supports multiple languages, including English, Chinese, Thai, Cantonese, and Japanese. Speech recognition technology is used by the app and the recommended video size is 10 minutes.
- Free app to recognize and add subtitles automatically
- Export SRT file or captions
- No watermark on processed files
- To add subtitles to videos longer than 20 minutes, you need to pay
- Support for 5 languages only
- Excellent app to add subtitles to videos
- The app is good but only supports 5 languages
- It is a great app to add effectiveness to subtitles. Although voice recognition is not always perfect, it is a great time saver.
With a rating of 3.1, this is a decent app for automatically adding subtitles to your videos. You have to pay to get fully automatic captions and subtitles. The application supports more than 8 spoken languages and more than 100 translation languages. Additional features include automatic subtitles for YouTube, local videos, subtitle editor, built-in player, and the ability to export subtitles in multiple formats.
- Support for multiple languages
- Option to export subtitles in different formats
- subtitle editor
- You have to pay to get subtitles and automatic subtitles
- Issues with uploading long videos
- A great app for generating translations and captions with a few fixes here and there
- Problems uploading long videos
Part 2. Most Recommended Auto Caption Generator in 2023
To automatically generate subtitles on your Windows and Mac system, Wondershare UniConverter is the best software to consider. We highly recommend this tool due to its smooth operation, fast process and support for a wide range of functions. Using the software’s Subtitle Editor feature, you can add the video you want and then automatically search the subtitles online. There is also an option to manually add the subtitles or import the local SRT file. The subtitle color, font and other settings can also be adjusted as needed.
Steps to automatically generate subtitles using Wondershare UniConverter:
Step 1Launch Wondershare Subtitle Editor and add your video files.
Open the software and click on the Toolbox tab in the left pane. From the list of supported functions on the right side, choose Subtitle Editor .
Click the Add Video icon in the upper left corner or press the + sign to browse and import the local video you want to add the subtitles.
2nd step choose to add subtitles automatically.
Once the video is added to the interface, click on the Auto Caption Generator tab.
A new pop-up window will open, and here in the supported list you need to choose the video language. Next, click the Start Now button to start the auto-recognition process.
Step 3Open the generated subtitles.
The software will generate the subtitles, then you can click the Open button or the Import Subtitles button as you need.
Step 4Export the video with subtitles.
The Subtitle List tab will display the list of all imported subtitles. The folder on the system to save the processed file can be selected in the File Location tab . Finally, hit the Export button to process and save the video.
Part 3. Auto Caption Generator App FAQs
1. Is there a FREE automatic subtitle generator?
Yes, there are some free automatic subtitle-generation tools and programs. Check out the 3 of the most popular below.
- VLC Media Player
Although VLC is widely used as a free and open-source media player, it can be used for several other tasks. With the app, subtitles and automatic subtitles can be created, but since it is not a subtitle editor, you must first use Sonix for automatic transcription. Once the SRT file is available, it can be easily exported to VLC.
Veed.io is a free online tool that works directly from your browser and allows you to automatically add subtitles to your files. Several languages to detect are available and you can choose from the list. Besides adding the subtitles automatically, you can also add them manually or import the local subtitle files. A wide range of other video editing features are also supported by the tool. You need to register for the tool for free to use the features.
YouTube has a built-in feature that allows YouTube to automatically translate subtitles using voice recognition technology. You need to sign in to YouTube Studio to use the feature, and the automatic captioning feature is available in multiple languages.
2. Is there a way to generate subtitles/captions from an audio track?
If you want to generate subtitles and captions from an audio track, VEED.IO is a good online tool. You can either add a local video or audio file from your device or record the same using the program. The option to add the file using the link or from Dropbox is also there.
Any of the apps listed above can be used to add subtitles to videos on your Android devices. To automatically add subtitles to videos on your system, Wondershare UniConverter is the best choice. Along with the automatic subtitles feature, the software also supports a long list of other useful features.