IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL is a Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) error that can occur on Windows 11. It usually indicates that a driver or system process attempted to access a memory address at an incorrect IRQL (Interrupt Request Level) or with incorrect parameters. Here are some solutions to fix this error:
- Update drivers: Outdated or incompatible drivers can cause this error. Update all drivers, especially those related to the hardware that might be causing the error. You can update drivers using Device Manager or a third-party driver updater tool.
- Run a malware scan: Malware infections can also cause this error. Use Windows Security or a third-party antivirus program to run a full scan of your system and remove any malware.
- Check hardware: Faulty hardware, such as a damaged RAM module, can cause this error. Run the Windows Memory Diagnostic tool to check your RAM for errors. You can also check other hardware components such as the hard drive, graphics card, and motherboard.
- Disable overclocking: Overclocking your CPU or GPU can cause instability and lead to this error. Disable any overclocking settings in the BIOS or using third-party software.
- Check for Windows updates: Ensure that you have installed all the latest Windows updates and patches. Sometimes, Microsoft releases updates that fix known issues causing the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error.
- Restore system settings: If the error started after changing system settings or installing new software, restore your system settings to a previous state using System Restore.
If none of these solutions work, you may need to seek professional help from a technician or Microsoft support.
In conclusion, the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error on Windows 11 is a serious issue that can cause system instability and data loss. Fortunately, there are several solutions available to fix this problem, ranging from updating drivers and removing incompatible software to disabling overclocking and performing a clean installation of Windows 11. By following the steps outlined in this guide, you should be able to troubleshoot and resolve the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error on your Windows 11 PC. Remember to back up your important data before attempting any major changes to your system.