When you buy a Windows PC (portable or desktop) commercially, it often comes with preinstalled software called bloatware. This is trial version promotional software that can only be used for a few days. These take up disk space unnecessarily and are sometimes difficult to remove. Fortunately, today there are free tools that make it easy and quick to remove these famous bloatware. In this sense, today I present to you Bloatware Removal Utility (BRU), an open source software that allows you to remove unwanted and unnecessary bloatware from your new Windows PC .
What is bloatware?
Bloatware is software preinstalled on new computers from well-known manufacturers such as Toshiba, Sony, Lenovo, Dell, HP, ASUS or Acer. It can be antivirus software, cleaning tool, game or others. Developers of these applications pay computer manufacturers to install demo versions of their products on their computers. A way for them to promote their software to the greatest number of customers.
The problem is that these bloatwares take up storage space on the device and in some cases can even slow down the machine. Moreover, most of the users seek by all means to delete them as soon as possible. To do this, today I suggest you use the free Bloatware Removal Utility application.
Bloatware Removal Utility (BRU) Overview
Bloatware Removal Utility (BRU) is open source software that helps you uninstall unwanted or unused programs from your computer. This can help free up space on your hard drive/SSD and improve your computer’s performance.
To do this, BRU scans your system for installed programs and provides a list of recommended uninstallations. You can then choose to uninstall any of these programs with just a few clicks.
Besides, Bloatware Removal Utility also helps to remove pre-installed apps from Windows 11 or Windows 10. For example, you can get rid of Microsoft Edge, Microsoft Team, Cortana and others.
Finally, note that Bloatware Removal Utility is only compatible on Windows devices (11, 10, 8 and 7). And despite its English interface, it is a very simple software to use. Here’s how it works.
How to remove bloatware with Bloatware Removal Utility?
Before using the program, I urge you to create a system restore point . Thus, in case of mishandling, you can restore Windows at any time. With that being said, let’s see together how to use Bloatware Removal Utility to remove bloatware from your Windows PC.
1. Start by downloading Bloatware Removal Utility for free from GitHub platform. To do this, under the “Assets” section, click on the “Source code (zip)” link.
2. Once downloaded, unzip the ZIP archive wherever you want.
3. To launch the program, right-click on the Bloatware-Removal-Utility.bat file , then select ” Run as administrator “.
4. After running a script in the PowerShell, the program window will then open. You can now select the bloatware you want to remove from your computer. To help you, note that the program has a ” Toggle Suggested Bloatware ” button. The latter allows you to display the list of bloatware that is recommended to be removed.
5. Finally, once you have selected all the bloatware, click on the “ Remove Selected ” button to start the removal process.
✅ That’s it, now you know how to remove bloatware on a Windows PC!