Most people are aware that creating a professional website requires a lot of coding and is expensive. If you own a business or want others to know you and become a brand, creating a personal website is almost impossible to do without. However, with the advancement of website building tools, they have solved this problem for you. In fact, with the help of these tools, you can now build your personal website without having to spend a single rial. In this article, you’ll learn how to create a professional website using one of these platforms, even if you’re not a coder.
Create a professional website using these platforms
WordPress, which is actually a Content Management System (CMS), is the number one platform for building a website. The framework now covers 25% of all websites or more than 80 million blogs worldwide. The reason for the popularity of WordPress is that, firstly, it is highly customizable, and secondly, it offers many useful features such as options to choose a custom theme. And the ability to increase website performance using plugins. WordPress also offers a comment section and a comment form which helps a lot in interacting with readers if they wish.
Blogger, like WordPress, is another popular blogging site that can be used to create a professional website. The Blogger website is suitable for creating personal blogs . With Blogger, you can easily customize your website using widgets and shortcodes. Unlike other websites, Blogger is hosted by Google, so you basically get your personal space on the internet, which is inside Google’s servers, so you don’t have to pay for your hosting. If you want to have a custom domain (without blogspot.com after your site name), just go to settings and add a custom domain feature to the blog address.
Tumblr is known for its ability to send multimedia content to its platform. It’s a great place to start a personal website or build your online portfolio. Tumblr is also known as an artistic and creative poster website for people who have creative jobs such as illustrator, graphic designer, photographer. I must say that Tumblr is the most stylish blogging site. You can use Tumblr to host a media-rich website with your favorite content and followers. The best part about Tumblr is that when you like other websites, they appear in your dashboard and you can review them or share them with your community. This feature not only helps promote other good websites but also exposes you to the public.
Wix is another free website builder tool that can be used to create neat websites without having to learn to code. All templates on Wix sites are responsive and they all look great on different devices. Recommended for freelance artists and entrepreneurs, Wix is a great website building tool for musicians, artists, and writers who want to showcase their talent and share it with the world. You can create beautiful portfolios that will surely resonate with your clients and potential clients. The best feature is that all of this can be done for free.
If you are an artist and want to have a professional website, Webbly is the platform for you. Weebly offers aesthetically responsive designs that work well on laptops and other devices. A regular person who doesn’t understand much about coding and site design can create a beautiful website with the help of Weebly in less than 30 minutes. Weebly is one of the best tools for building an e-commerce website for small business owners. Along with the website building features, Weebly also offers the option to download website code so you can save the formatting if you choose another platform.
Squarespace is maybe one of the most famous builders outs there. There’s a good reason for that. Squarespace is fast, looks good, and it offers almost every functionality that you could think of. The grid editor provides plenty of design freedom, but it maintains just enough structure to make sure that your site never goes off the rails.
Squarespace is the only builder on this list that doesn’t have a free plan. What it does offer, however, is a 14-day free trial for you to decide if it’s right for you. While it might not be fully free, I have to recommend that you try it out if you’re serious about your site. I promise, after playing with it for a while, you’ll find it hard not to consider it.
Features & Ease of Use
- Intuitive grid editor – Squarespace’s grid editor is easy to learn, easy to use, and it produces some stunning results.
- Over 140 high-quality templates – There are templates for everything from blogs to wedding announcements. In fact, there are 18 different template categories to choose from.
- Unlimited bandwidth and storage – Upload as much content as you want to your site. You never have to worry about running out of space.
- Marketing integrations – Squarespace offers just about every tool you need to promote your site. You get social media integrations, SEO tools, and email campaigns to grow your site.
Its benefits go beyond just good looks. Squarespace also offers advanced SEO features, amazing e-commerce, and access to over 25 third-party extensions. Every one of these features is easy to use without compromising on capabilities. Seriously, the SEO features are some of the best that I’ve seen.
What We Look For in The Best Free Website Builders
As I explained above, I can’t recommend just any free website builder. These days, for every good bit of software, there’s a lot of trash out there, too. Here’s what I decided to look for when I tested these builders:
- Beautiful, Functional Templates – You want a website that actually looks good, not one that looks like it was built in the ‘90s.
- Ease of Use – What good is software that you can’t figure out how to use? A lot of free website builders get a pass because they’re free, but if you’re trying to start a business, you don’t want to find yourself wasting hours trying to figure out the user interface. I especially like site builders that let you easily drag and drop elements onto the page and place them wherever you want.
- Design Freedom – Just because a builder is free, it shouldn’t mean that you can’t make a website that’s fully your own. Though some of these builders will let you customize your site more than others, they all give you enough freedom to create a site unique to you and your brand.
- Easy and Affordable Site Upgrades – If your website goes really well, it might start to pay for itself, whether with ad revenue, leads for your business, or what have you. You need to know that if the time comes, you can expand your site’s functionality without having to spend big.