In this tutorial , we will Discover Big Feature added to Microsoft Edge – Split Screen & How to Enable it
Split Screen in Microsoft Edge is a feature that allows you to split your browser window into two separate panes, each displaying a different web page or tab. This feature is designed to help users multitask and increase productivity by allowing them to view two web pages at once without having to switch between tabs or windows.
To use Split Screen in Microsoft Edge, you first need to open two or more tabs in the browser. Then, right-click on one of the tabs and select “Show tabs on a specific side” from the context menu. You can then choose whether you want the tab to appear on the left or right side of the screen.
Once you’ve selected a side, Microsoft Edge will split the browser window in half, with one tab displayed on the left side and another on the right. You can resize the panes by dragging the divider between them, and you can switch between tabs in each pane by clicking on them.
Split Screen is a useful feature for users who need to compare information or work on multiple tasks at the same time. It can be especially helpful for students, researchers, or professionals who need to reference multiple sources or documents while working.
How to Use Split Screen in Microsoft Edge
Here are the steps to use Split Screen in Microsoft Edge:
- Open Microsoft Edge and launch two or more tabs that you want to view side-by-side.
- Click and hold on the tab that you want to view on one side of the screen.
- Drag the tab to the left or right side of the screen until you see a transparent rectangle appear.
- Release the mouse button to drop the tab into the transparent rectangle.
- Microsoft Edge will now display the tab on one side of the screen, with the other tabs still visible on the other side.
- To adjust the size of each pane, click and hold on the divider between the two tabs and drag it left or right.
- To close one of the tabs, click on the X in the upper-right corner of the tab.
- To exit Split Screen mode, click and hold on the divider and drag it all the way to the left or right until the tab disappears.
Alternatively, you can also right-click on a tab and select “Show tabs on a specific side” from the context menu, and then choose which side you want the tab to appear on.
That’s it! Split Screen is a useful feature that can help you be more productive by allowing you to view and work with multiple tabs at once in Microsoft Edge.
Tutorial with images:
1. Currently, the split screen feature is available only on the Canary channel of Microsoft Edge. So go ahead and download Edge Canary build from the link here.
2. Once installed, open Edge Canary and paste the below path into the address bar. Then, hit Enter.
3. This will directly take you to the appropriate Edge flag. Here, open the drop-down menu next to the flag and enable “Microsoft Edge Split screen”.
4. Now, click on “Restart” in the bottom-right corner. This will reopen the Edge browser and apply the changes, i.e. enable the split screen feature.
How to Use Split Screen in Microsoft Edge
Once you have enabled the split screen feature in Edge, it’s time to check it out. Here are the different ways you can open websites in split screen view in Microsoft Edge:
1. If you want to have two screens side-by-side under one tab, open a webpage and right-click on a link. Then, select “Open link in split window“.
2. This will instantly split the screen under the same tab and open the link in the right-side split screen window. Now, you can work side-by-side without having to jump through various tabs.
3. If you have already opened websites or links in separate tabs, click the “Split window” button in the toolbar menu (next to the address bar) to quickly split the screen.
4. Next, you can choose the tab you wish to access on the right side, and it will open right there.
5. The best part is that you can adjust the split screen size as well. Simply drag the slider to the left or right, and the window size will be adjusted.
6. If you no longer wish to use the split screen tabs feature, you can move the current split screen to a new tab. Simply click on the 3-dot button and select “Open screen in a new tab“. And to open pages in individual tabs, click on “View split screen pages in two tabs”.
7. Furthermore, click on the split window button to customize the behavior of link opening in split screen mode. Here, you can either open links in the current tab or open them from the left to right tab.
8. Finally, click on the “Split window” button on the toolbar to disable split screen mode in Edge.
Leave a Comment