If you’re a PC gamer, you’ve probably already installed and uninstalled dozens of games on your computer. The problem is that all of its games can leave behind residual files that take up disk space unnecessarily. In this sense, today I present to you Game Cleaner , a free software that allows you to clean the directories of games from Steam, Epic Games, Ubisoft Connect, GOG and other platforms. To learn more about this cleaning tool and how it works, I invite you to continue reading this article.
Game Cleaner, remove unnecessary files from Steam, Epic Games and others
Game Cleaner is in a way the CCleaner of PC gamers. It is a free software available on Windows that allows you to clean gaming platforms such as Steam, Epic Games or Ubisoft Connect in order to free up disk space. To do this, the program is able to delete unnecessary log files , error reports , empty folders , cached files or even residual files left by games after uninstalling them.
This game cleaner features a friendly user interface that is very easy to use. All you have to do is select the elements that the software should search for and start the analysis via the “Scan Now” button. After the scan is complete, Game Cleaner will tell you how much disk space the residual files have taken up.
You have then decided to trust the application and click on the “Delete All” button to delete all the unwanted files. Alternatively, you can also manually browse and delete files and folders from the “Files” and “Folders” tabs.
Additionally, if you have taken screenshots, you can also view and delete them from the “Screenshots” tab.
How to use Game Cleaner?
1. Start by downloading the Game Cleaner software from the developer’s official website. Note that the program is available in an installable or portable version.
2. Before running the software, close all running game platforms (Steam, Epic Games Launcher, etc.).
3. From the main interface of Game Cleaner, select the game platforms you want to clean using the switches.
4. Then select the search period (all files, 1 month or more, 3 months or more or more than 6 months) and the items to search.
5. Now start the scan by clicking on the “ Scan Now ” button located at the bottom right of the interface.
6. Finally, to delete all unwanted files , click on the “ Delete All ” button. Alternatively, you can manually delete files and folders from the ” Files ” and ” Folders ” tabs.
What you must remember
Overall, Game Cleaner is a great piece of software for removing unnecessary files left over from games on your PC. It supports known gaming platforms such as Steam, Epic Games, Ubisoft Connect or GOG. And if you have installed games outside of its platforms, you can also submit the directories to it to clean them.