In this tutorial, we will explain how you can get the Dynamic Island features on any non-jailbroken iPhone without any hassle in the year 2023. To do this, you will need to install the AltStore on your device to download and install the DynamicCow app. We will explain the working of this app, and then provide a detailed guide on how to install it, step-by-step.
DynamicCow: How Does The App Work?
DynamicCow is an app that brings Dynamic Island-like functionality to any iPhone. The app essentially creates a new home screen page that sits behind the notch area of the iPhone, which would otherwise be unused space. This new home screen page can be used to display information such as the weather, battery percentage, and more.
The app works by using AltStore, a third-party app store for iOS devices. After installing AltStore on your non-jailbroken iPhone, you can download the DynamicCow app and use it to create your own custom Dynamic Island-like page. The app allows you to customize the background, add widgets, and choose which apps to display on the page.
While the Dynamic Island UI you get using the DynamicCow app is not as aesthetically pleasing as it is on iPhone 14 Pro series and the native notch obstructs the time and cellular signal icons, it’s still a useful way to make use of the unused space behind the notch and get a similar experience without having to spend money on a new iPhone.
Prerequisites to Install DynamicCow
As per the available information, these are the prerequisites to install DynamicCow:
- An iPhone running iOS 14 or later.
- A Windows or Mac computer to download AltStore on your iPhone.
- The latest version of iTunes installed on your computer.
- A USB cable to connect your iPhone to the computer.
- The DynamicCow IPA file, which can be downloaded from the official website or other trusted sources.
It’s worth noting that installing apps from sources other than the App Store and using third-party apps like DynamicCow may pose security risks to your device, so it’s important to use caution and only download from trusted sources.
How to Install AltStore on Your iPhone
First of all, let’s look at how you can download and install the AltStore app on your iPhone, which is necessary to have the Dynamic Island app working. Here’s how it goes:
Note: We have demonstrated the process on Mac, but you can visit this link to check out the instructions for Windows.
1. Download AltServer on your Mac by visiting this link right here.
2. Once downloaded, launch AltServer and then launch the Mail app on the Mac.
3. In the Mail app, navigate to “Mail -> Preferences” from the Menu bar on the top. Then, choose the “Manage Plugins” option under the “General” tab and enable the ‘AltPlugin.Mailbundle’ option. Click on the “Apply and Restart Mail” option.
4. Next, connect your iPhone to your MacBook or Mac device.
5. Simultaneously, unlock your iPhone and click on “Trust” when the “Trust This Computer” pop-up appears on your iPhone.
6. Now, open “Finder” on the Mac, choose your iPhone from the left sidebar, and then enable the “Show this iPhone when on Wi-Fi” option in the right pane.
7. Next, go to your Mac’s Menu bar on the top of the screen and click the AltServer icon. Then, click on “Install AltStore” (used to install the Dynamic Island app) and choose the connected iPhone.
8. Enter your Apple ID and password, and you will get a notification reading “AltStore has been successfully installed onto your device” in a few seconds.
9. After that, move back to your iPhone and go to “Settings -> General -> VPN & Device Management” and then tap on “Trust [Your email ID]”.
10. Next, go to “Settings -> Privacy & Security” and scroll down to find Developer Mode. Here, enable Developer mode on your iPhone.
Sideload DynamicCow App on Your iPhone
You have now successfully installed AltStore on your iPhone. That said, it’s now time to sideload the DynamicCow app and get the Dynamic Island functionality on your iPhone. Here’s how you do that:
1. Open AltStore on your iPhone and sign in with your Apple ID.
2. Next, visit the GitHub page for DynamicCow on your iPhone. Then, scroll down to the “Releases” section and download the latest “.ipa” file for DynamicCow.
3. After that, open AltStore and move to the “My Apps” tab. Here, tap the ‘+’ icon and choose DynamicCow.ipa to install the app.
4. Once installed, open the DynamicCow app and choose between iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Max layout, depending upon your iPhone’s model and screen size. Then, tap the Enable button. If you own a non-Pro iPhone, we suggest you go for the iPhone 14 Pro Dynamic Island.
5. And voila! Your notched iPhone now has Dynamic Island UI and functionality like the new iPhone 14 Pro and 14 Pro Max.
Note: Remember to disable the Dynamic Island before you uninstall the DynamicCow app or AltStore from your iPhone. Otherwise, you will have to re-install the app or update your iPhone altogether to get rid of it.
Dynamic Island: Turn Any iPhone Into iPhone 14 Pro
Now that you have successfully installed Dynamic Island-like functionality on your iPhone, you can start exploring this new feature. Check out our article to see the list of apps that are supported by Dynamic Island, or try installing some cool apps and see how they work with Dynamic Island. Keep in mind that the UI you get using the DynamicCow app may not be as aesthetically pleasing as it is on the iPhone 14 Pro series, and the notch may obstruct the time and cellular signal icons. However, it’s still worth trying out this new feature without having to spend $1,000 on a new iPhone.
Leave a Comment