Windows is a widely used operating system due to its impressive features such as its capability, usability, versatility, and security. To safeguard computers against hacking and data breaches, Windows has incorporated password protection as a default login option, which is both practical and essential.
With advancements in technology, Windows now offers various sign-in options to provide a comfortable user experience. However, if you wish to remove the password protection feature, it is possible, but you may not know how to do so. In this article, we will guide you on how to enable auto login in Windows 10/11, offering a convenient and hassle-free sign-in experience.
How to Enable Auto Login in Windows 10/11
Getting a password-less boot system is easy to accomplish. Out of many, you can follow any process to enable auto login in Windows. Here is our super simple method to follow step by step.
1. Activate Auto Login via Settings on Windows 11
This is one of the best and easy process to remove passwords from the sleep mode system for Windows 11 users. If you are using a lower version, then you might not have these features. Let’s see how to activate auto-login.
- Press Windows start > Settings.
- Now tap on Account option from the menu list. Then click on the sign in options.
- Move down to Additional settings, and select Never in the place of when the PC wakes from sleep on ‘If you’ve been away, when should Window require you to sign in again’ options.
You have successfully activated the Windows auto login for starting the system from sleeping mode and you won’t see the lock screen after that. But it will ask for a password for every boot.
2. Set Up Auto Login using User Account Settings
Follow these basic steps to set up auto-login on the Windows system.
- Press Windows start button and R button all together at the same time. Run will open.
- Then type netplwiz on Run search box, and hit OK button. It will take you to Account settings app.
- Now simple turn off of the Users must enter a user name password to use this computer from users settings. And close the app.
Here’s how you can set up auto login using the user account setting on Windows 10/11. After this, you don’t need to be required to submit the password again. If you want to disable it, then turn on the settings again.
3. Enable Auto Login through Registry Editor
Here is another considerable method to enable auto login in Windows. Most importantly, this method applies to Windows Server 2019, Windows Server 2016, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows 10, and Windows 11. Without wasting time, let’s start the process.
Follow the instruction carefully. A single mistake can bring problems and spoil the nature of the system.
- Press Windows + R button altogether. Type regedit on the search box and click on enter. It will open the Registry Editor.
- Now follow this path:
- Now right-click on the Winlogon, and new pop-up will open next to you. Select New > DWORD (32 Bit) from the list. It will open the AutoAdminLogon value on the screen.
- Then double-click on the AutoAdminLogon, it will ask for value. Now set 1 on value data and keep the base in hexadecimal. And click on Ok button.
- Once again right click on Winlogon, then click on New and String value. And rename the strine value as the DefaultUserName.
- After that, submit the user name in the value data options. And enter Ok.
- Again, right click on the Winlogon to set string value password. Follow this right click on Winlogn > New > String Value. Rename the string value DefaultPassword.
- Now click on the DefaultPassword to submit the password on value data field. Once you have done this, click on Ok button.
After following this process, you can easily bypass the sign-in option on Windows 10/11 and other versions.
If you want to disable the auto login, then delete the AutoAdminLogon value or change its value data from 1 to 0. Because you might need password protection in the future.
This guide has covered all the necessary steps to enable auto sign-in on Windows 10/11, which can potentially bypass password protection. However, we highly recommend using password protection to ensure the security of your device. If you encounter any difficulties with the tutorial, please feel free to let us know in the comments section, and we will be happy to assist you.