In this tutorial we will learn How to enable dark mode in Google Docs (2023).
So, let’s begin!
Google Docs Dark Mode is a feature that allows users to switch the user interface of Google Docs from its default light color scheme to a darker color scheme. With this mode, the background of the document editor turns black or dark gray, and the text appears in white or light gray. This creates a high contrast between the text and the background, making it easier on the eyes for users who prefer darker interfaces or work in low-light environments.
Google Docs Dark Mode is available across all platforms, including desktops, laptops, and mobile devices. Users can turn on the dark mode option by accessing the settings menu and selecting the appropriate option. Additionally, Google also offers the option to automatically switch to dark mode based on the user’s device settings.
How To Enable Dark Mode In Google Docs On A PC ( Windows/ Mac)
In Google Docs on desktop (Windows, Mac, and Linux), there is no built-in way to enable the dark mode or night theme.
In the Chrome browser, the dark mode feature is hidden behind a Chrome flag, allowing you to customize the browser and test out upcoming Chrome features. But do not forget that this method forces dark mode on all websites.
Here’s how to enable dark mode in google docs on a desktop:
- Launch the Chrome on your PC, paste the code below into the search bar and then press Enter.
- Now, click the drop-down menu next to Force Dark Mode for Web Contents to open the menu and select Enabled.
- After that, you will see a prompt asking you to relaunch the browser to apply the changes. Save any work on your browser, then click Relaunch.
Alternatively, you can install a third-party browser extension if you want to get dark mode in Google Docs. Both Dark Mode and Google Docs Dark Mode are excellent Chrome extensions for enabling dark mode on desktops since they’re simple and quick to use.
- First of all, open the Chrome browser and go to the Dark Mode Chrome extension page.
- Then select Add to Chrome.
- Click Add extension.
- By clicking the white toggle button at the top right of the screen, you can enable or disable Google Docs dark mode.
How TO Enable Dark Mode In Google Docs On Android Devices (2023)
Google Docs app on your phone lets you change between light and dark modes. You can enable dark mode across all apps on your Android device, but you can also enable it only for google docs.
To enable the dark mode on Google Docs only, follow the steps below:
- First of all, open Google Docs on your Android device.
- After that, click on the Three Lines Menu icon at the top left corner.
- Tap Settings.
- Now, click on the Choose Theme option, which will allow you to select dark mode.
- To use Google Docs in dark mode, select dark.
How To Enable Dark Mode In Google Docs On iPhone Or iPad Devices (2023)
On your iPhone or iPad, you can also use Google Docs in dark mode. The dark mode is now available for G Suite on iOS, which includes Google Sheets and Google Slides.
Now, all G Suite users (both professional or personal) can use dark mode on their iPhones and iPads with the latest versions of Docs, Sheets, and Slides.
To enable dark mode in Google Docs on your iPhone or iPad, follow these steps:
- On your iPhone, open Google Docs.
- Click on the three lines at the top left corner of the screen.
- Then, tap Settings.
- After that, click on Theme.
- Select Dark.
The dark theme automatically adjusts your documents to fit the theme, making it easier for you to work.
Advantages of using Google Docs Dark Mode:
- Reduced eye strain: Dark Mode reduces the amount of blue light emitted by the screen, which can reduce eye strain and fatigue.
- Improved visibility: The high contrast between the dark background and the light text makes it easier to read and view the content, especially in low-light environments.
- Enhanced aesthetics: Many users find the dark interface visually appealing, and it can provide a more professional look for certain types of documents.
- Reduced power consumption: Dark Mode can also help to save battery life on devices with OLED or AMOLED screens, as the black pixels do not require as much power as white pixels.
Disadvantages of using Google Docs Dark Mode:
- Reduced readability for some users: For some users, especially those with visual impairments or certain types of color blindness, the high contrast of the dark mode interface can actually make it harder to read and view the content.
- Compatibility issues: Some third-party add-ons or plugins may not work properly in the dark mode interface, or the colors may not display correctly.
- Inconsistent color accuracy: Dark mode may not accurately display certain colors or images, especially those with a high degree of saturation or brightness.
- Difficulty with printing: If the user needs to print the document, the dark background may not be visible or may use up more ink than a lighter background.
Overall, whether or not to use Google Docs Dark Mode depends on the personal preferences and needs of the user. It may be beneficial for those who spend extended periods of time reading or writing on a computer, especially in low-light environments. However, it is important to consider any potential drawbacks and compatibility issues before making the switch.
Leave a Comment