This guide will teach you how to enable the dark mode feature on the NYTimes app for both desktop and smartphones in 2023.
The NYTimes app is a top-rated news-reading app for Android and iPhone users. Like most reading apps, it comes equipped with a built-in Dark Mode feature, which is particularly useful for those who read frequently in low-light environments. By enabling the dark theme on the app, you can read all the latest news without straining your eyes. Follow the steps below to activate Dark Mode on the NYTimes app.
Why Should I Enable the Dark Mode on NYTimes?
Enabling dark mode on the NYTimes website can provide several benefits, including:
- Reduced Eye Strain: Dark mode can help reduce eye strain and fatigue, particularly in low-light conditions. By using a dark background and light text, it can be easier on the eyes and reduce the amount of blue light emitted by your device.
- Improved Battery Life: Dark mode can also help conserve battery life, particularly on devices with OLED screens. Since black pixels do not emit light, enabling dark mode can help reduce the amount of power required to illuminate the screen.
- Better Reading Experience: Many people find that reading text on a dark background is easier on the eyes, especially for extended periods of time. This can be particularly helpful when reading articles or other content on the NYTimes website.
- Personal Preference: Some people simply prefer the aesthetic of dark mode and find it more visually appealing than the default light mode.
Overall, enabling dark mode on the NYTimes website can provide several benefits and may enhance your overall reading experience.
How to Enable Dark Mode on NYTimes [Smartphones]
1. Make sure that you are using the latest version of the NYTimes app on your smartphone. If not, get the latest version from the Play Store or App Store.
2. Open the NYTimes app on your smartphone and tap the Account icon.
3. For iPhones, click the Settings icon on the My Account page.
Note: For Android smartphones, click the Theme option and skip to Step 5.
4. Choose the Display Settings feature in the App Settings menu.
5. On the Appearance tab, choose the Dark option.
6. If you choose the Automatic or System default option, the app will switch to a light or dark theme based on your smartphone settings.
Tip: Check out our guide on how to enable dark mode on iPhone and dark mode on Android.
Enable Dark Mode on NYTimes [Desktop]
On the desktop, you can use dark theme extensions on Chrome, like Night Eye, to get the dark theme on the NYTimes website.
1. Open Chrome and install the Night Eye Extension from the Chrome Web Store.
2. Click on Add to Chrome and click on Add Extension from the pop-up menu.
3. After that, open the Night Eye Extension and click on Try it for free.
4. In the home screen of that extension, you can find three options Dark, Filtered, and Normal.
5. Among these options, click on Dark and you can access the app or the web version completely in dark mode.
6. To turn off the dark mode, click the Power button on the extension.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I play the Wordle game on the NYTimes app in dark mode?
Yes, when you enable the dark theme on the app, it will be reflected on all the games in the app.
If this guide helped you, please share it. 🙂
Leave a Comment