This guide will walk you through the process of installing and using Intel Unison on various devices, including Windows 11, iPhone, and Android. Intel Unison is a cross-platform app that enables users to connect their iOS and Android devices with their Windows PCs or laptops to transfer files, make and receive calls, and access other integration features. The app was introduced by global chipmaker Intel in September 2022, and it is now available for all users.
If you are looking for a detailed guide on what Intel Unison is and how to set it up on your devices, this article is perfect for you. You will find comprehensive explanations of the new multi-platform app’s features and step-by-step instructions for installing and using it on your Windows, iOS, and Android devices. So, let’s get started!
What is Intel Unison?
Intel Unison is a multi-platform app developed by global chipmaker Intel that allows users to connect their Windows PCs or laptops with their iOS and/or Android devices. With Intel Unison, users can seamlessly transfer files, dial/receive calls, and access other integration features between their devices. It was announced by Intel in September 2022 and is now available for users to download and use.
What Do You Need to Install Intel Unison on Windows, iOS, and Android?
Before we dive into the setup guides for Intel Unison on Windows, Android, and iOS, it’s important to note a few prerequisites. Firstly, the app requires a PC or laptop that can run Windows 11, as it doesn’t support Windows 10 or older versions yet. It’s recommended that you update your Windows 11 PC or laptop to the Windows 11 22H2 build (version 22621 or later) before installing the app.
For Android, your smartphone needs to be running Android 9 or above to install Intel Unison. As for iOS, you need to be running iOS 15 or above to use the app.
It’s worth noting that according to Intel’s official system requirements for the Unison app, it can only run on Evo-powered devices that feature Intel’s 13th-Gen processors. However, reports suggest that Unison can also run on non-Evo devices that use older Intel processors without any major issues. In fact, some users have installed Intel Unison on their AMD-powered laptops and it’s running without any problems.
Install Intel Unison in Windows 11
Let’s take a look at the instructions to install and configure the Intel Unison app on your Windows 11 PC or laptop. However, before you begin, ensure that your computer is connected to a functional ethernet or Wi-Fi network and has enough power or battery charge. Below are the steps to follow to install Intel Unison on Windows 11:
1. Click this link to go to the official Microsoft Store Page for the Intel Unison app on your Windows 11 device.
2. Click the Get in Store App button at the top right. It will redirect you to open the Microsoft Store app on your Windows 11 device.
3. When the Microsoft Store app opens, click the Get button for the Intel Unison app to download it on your device.
4. Once downloaded, click the Open button to launch Intel Unison.
5. Click the Accept & continue button to proceed.
6. On the next prompt, you can either allow Intel Unison to gather crash data and statistics of your Windows 11 device and share them with Intel or not.
7. Then, you will be redirected to the pairing screen in Intel Unison.
At this stage, you will need to download Intel Unison on your iOS or Android device. So, continue to the following sections for the step-by-step guide to install and setup the Unison app on your Android or iOS smartphone.
Install Intel Unison on iPhone
Now below, we have provided step-by-step guides to install the Intel Unison app on your iOS devices. As before, make sure your device is connected to an active data connection before proceeding to the steps.
1. On your iOS device, open the App Store app.
2. Search for Intel and you should see the Intel Unison app appear in the search results. You can also use this link to directly open the app listing on your iPhone.
3. Once the app listing opens, tap the Get button to initiate the download.
4. Confirm your action using Face ID or Touch ID to start the download.
5. Now, tap the Open button to launch the app on your iPhone.
6. Follow the on-screen instructions and allow the necessary permissions to use Intel Unison on your iPhone.
7. Following the permission process, you will be redirected to the “Ready to connect?” page.
Install Unison on Android
Now let’s take a look at how you can install Intel Unison on Android.
1. On your Android device, open the Google Play Store and search for Intel Unison.
2. Tap the app from the search results to open the listing. You can also tap this link to directly open the app listing on your Android device.
3. Now, tap the Install button to initiate the download process.
4. Wait for the download to complete and then tap the Open button to launch the app on your Android device.
5. Follow the on-screen instructions and grant permissions to reach the pairing screen.
Now, that you have installed the Intel Unison app on your Windows, iOS, and Android devices, take a look at the following section to see how you can pair your Windows laptop or PC to your iOS or Android device via Intel Unison.
Connect Windows 11 Computer to iOS/ Android With Intel Unison
With the pairing screen opened in the Intel Unison app on your Windows 11 laptop and your iOS or Android device, you can now easily pair and connect your computer with your smartphone via the Unison app.
However, before that, you must connect your iOS/ Android device to your Windows 11 laptop or PC via Bluetooth. Now that you have connected your smartphone to your Windows device via Bluetooth, follow the steps right below:
1. On your iPhone or Android device, tap the Scan QR code button and make sure you have the QR code opened in the Intel Unison app on your Windows 11 laptop or PC.
Note: If the Intel Unison app is opened for a long time and the QR code expires, you can click the Reload code button to get a new QR code to scan.
2. Once the QR code scanner opens, point it towards the QR code opened in the Unison app on your Windows 11 laptop to connect both devices.
3. On the next screen, match the pairing code on both devices and click the Confirm button in the Windows 11 Unison app.
4. Now, wait for Unison to connect your smartphone and Windows PC.
Congratulations, you have successfully connected your Windows 11 laptop or PC to your iOS or Android device with Intel Unison.
How to Use Intel Unison on Windows 11, iPhone and Android
So now that you have successfully installed and connected the Intel Unison app on your Windows laptop or PC and your iOS or Android device, you can now transfer files between the connected devices. In fact, the Intel Unison app lets you manage a real-time gallery of your smartphone on your Windows 11 device with ease.
Furthermore, it lets users send or receive messages from their iPhones to their Windows 11 devices via the Messages app, which is great! So, let’s explore all the features of Intel Unison on your Windows 11 laptop and your iOS/ Android smartphone.
Leave a Comment