Want to install Windows 11 without an internet connection ? It’s possible ! There is indeed a workaround that allows the installation of Windows 11 without an Internet connection thanks to a simple command line. Here’s how.
- Microsoft now requires an Internet connection to install Windows 11
- Install Windows 11 without internet connection
Microsoft now requires an Internet connection to install Windows 11
In addition to hardware requirements like TPM 2.0 and a sufficiently recent processor, Microsoft now requires an Internet connection to install Windows 11.
If you do not have an internet connection, you will get an error message from the installation wizard. You will then be unable to complete the installation of Microsoft’s new operating system.
“ It’s time to connect to a network. You need an internet connection to continue setting up your device. Once logged in, you will receive the latest features and security updates. “
Previously, it was possible to skip this requirement and continue installing Windows 11 in offline mode with a local account. This new requirement is imposed from build 22557 and above for the Home (Family) and Pro (Professional) editions.
So, of course, this decision is not trivial. Microsoft just wants more users to sign in using a Microsoft account instead of a local account. No doubt a way for the firm to collect even more information about its users…
Fortunately, for those who do not have an Internet connection when installing Windows 11, there is a workaround. You will be able to complete the configuration of your device without an Internet connection, whether you want to install Windows 11 Professional or Windows 11 Home.
Install Windows 11 without internet connection
To install Windows 11 without an Internet connection, carefully follow these instructions:
1. Start by booting your PC to the bootable Windows 11 USB drive .
2. Then press any key to start the installation wizard.
3. Select the language, then click “ Next ”.
4. To begin installing Windows 11, click ” Install Now “.
5. At this step, you can click ” I don’t have a Product Key “. You can activate Windows 11 later.
6. Select the version of Windows 11 you want to install.
7. Accept the terms of the contract.
8. At this step, click on “ Custom: install Windows only (advanced) ”.
9. Here, select the partition on which you want to install Windows 11. You can of course create a new partition if you haven’t already done so.
10. Select your country, then click “ Yes ”.
11. Choose the appropriate keyboard layout.
12. Next, click ” Skip ” if you don’t need to add a second keyboard layout.
13. It is at this stage that the installation wizard tells you that you must have an Internet connection to finalize the configuration of your device. To work around this requirement, press the Maj + keys simultaneously F10.
14. From the Command Prompt window, type the following command and validate with the key Entrée.
15. Your PC will then reboot and the Out of the Box (OOBE) experience will reappear.
16. You will notice that a new button has appeared: ” I don’t have Internet “. Click on it to continue
17. Now click ” Continue with limited installation “.
18. Enter a name for your device, then click “ Next ”.
19. Enter a password, then click “ Next ”.
20. Answer the three security questions, then click “ Next ”.
✅ Here you are, you have just installed Windows 11 on your PC without an Internet connection.