YouTube Music offers a simple way to access music on YouTube, along with automatic playlists created depending on your interests. But did you know that you could download the YouTube Music desktop app Windows 10 and you would access it like any other program? Let’s learn how to install YouTube music desktop app Windows and its features.
YouTube Music Desktop Features
YouTube optimized its Studio Editor function in February in order to better assist creators of video content. The following are its features:
- Easy to install and use
- Displays notifications
- Access song lyrics
- Easy music control with mini-player
- Media controls in Windows taskbar
- Updates automatically
How to Install YouTube Music Desktop App on Windows PC
If you are looking for the best music streaming app for Windows 10, YouTube Music would be the best choice. This app is distinct from other music outlets. However, you must download the YouTube Music desktop app Windows 10 in order to use YouTube on a computer.
Downloading the app might be more fun than using it on a browser. Even though the web version is easier, the desktop program is available for free. Also, you can uninstall it at any time you want. Now, let us get into the detail of how to install YouTube music desktop app Windows.
Method 1: Through Google Chrome
Although there isn’t an official desktop version of YouTube Music yet, you can still install it on your PC by utilizing this workaround. Let’s look at how to install YouTube music desktop app Windows.
1. Open Google Chrome and visit YouTube Music.
2. Click on the Install YouTube symbol in the URL bar.
3. Then, after receiving a confirmation pop-up, click on Install.
The desktop version of YouTube Music will then be downloaded.
Method 2: Through Microsoft Edge
In addition to supporting YouTube Music installation from the web browser, Microsoft’s browser also does so.
1. Open Microsoft Edge and visit YouTube Music.
2. In the top right corner, click on the installation box icon (inside the search bar to the left of the A icon).
3. To install YouTube Music on your computer, click on Install in the prompt.
Following the successful completion of the installation, you can access YouTube Music from the Windows Start menu as one of your installed apps.
How to Uninstall YouTube Music Desktop App
The desktop player for YouTube Music is simple to uninstall if you decide not to use it.
Method 1: Through App
1. Open the YouTube Music desktop application that you downloaded from Google Chrome.
2. Click the three vertical dots in the top right corner.
3. Then, choose Uninstall YouTube Music…
4. Click on Remove to uninstall.
Method 2: Through Settings
1. Press and hold Windows + I keys together to open Windows Settings.
2. Click on Apps.
3. Search and click on YouTube Music and select Uninstall option.
4. Confirm the prompt if any, and reboot your PC once you have uninstalled it.
How to Install and Uninstall YouTube Music App on Android & iOS
The YouTube Music app is available for download and installation on Android devices. Downloading it from the Google Play Store will enable you to do this. Additionally, to uninstall it, follow our guide on How to Uninstall or Delete Apps on your Android Phone.
Now for iOS users go to the Apple App Store to download and install the YouTube Music app for your iPhone or iPad. To uninstall, follow the given steps:
1. Tap and hold the YouTube Music app and select Remove App.
2. Tap on Delete App in the prompt to confirm the uninstallation process.
Also Read: How to watch blocked YouTube videos
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. Is it possible to download the official YouTube Music desktop app?
Ans. No, there is no official app. But you can download the YouTube Music app from the browser.
Q2. Can you use YouTube on a desktop?
Ans. Yes. Both a computer and a mobile device can access YouTube Music.
Q3. Is the YouTube Music app free?
Ans. Yes. You may enjoy your favorite songs, albums, and artists on YouTube Music for free. However, to download music and videos for offline listening and to enjoy music without commercials, you need a YouTube Music Premium subscription.
Q4. Does YouTube Music desktop app work on Windows 10?
Ans. Yes. YouTube Music app works perfectly on Windows 10.
Q5. What if YouTube Music isn’t functioning properly on a PC?
Ans. If the YouTube Music app isn’t working properly, do the following to fix the issue:
- Update system
- Clear cache in the respective browser
- Reinstall the YouTube Music app
Q6. Does YouTube Music desktop app work offline?
Ans. Yes. If you have YouTube Music Premium, you can download and listen to your favorite songs offline. To keep your downloads active, you must reconnect to the internet at least once every 30 days.