Want to merge PDF files easily and quickly? You are in the right place ! In this tutorial, we will see together two easy and quick methods that allow you to merge several PDF files in order to obtain a single file. Follow the leader !
- What is PDF merging?
- How to merge PDF files?
- Method 1: Merge PDF Files with PDF Shaper Free
- Method 2: Combine PDF files without software with Adobe Acrobat.
What is PDF merging ?
Merge PDF files simply allows you to combine several PDF documents into a single file . This technique has several advantages.
First of all, it will be easier for you to share all of your PDF files with your collaborators, your accountant or other recipients. Indeed, rather than sending for example 5 PDF files, you will only have to send a single document.
In addition, the combination of PDF files allows you to have a global overview of several documents in a single window. It’s still much more enjoyable than having to juggle between different tabs.
Finally, it should also be noted that the merging of PDF files makes it possible to reduce the clutter on your disk. This should make it easier for you to see when looking for a particular file.
How to merge PDF files?
Merging PDF files is not a difficult operation. However, it requires specialized tools. As I told you above, I offer you two methods here . The first method is to use free software named PDF Shaper Free. While the other solution is to go through a free online tool like Adobe Acrobat. In both cases, the procedure is essentially the same. It is simply a matter of choice.
If you don’t want your PDF files to go through a remote server to be merged, I suggest the software solution. On the other hand, if the PDF files you want to merge are not confidential, you can use the online tool. Thus, you will not have to install anything on your computer. Now the choice is yours.
Method 1: Merge PDF Files with PDF Shaper Free
PDF Shaper Free is an all-in-one free software that brings together many features for editing PDF files. Thanks to its interface in French , both simple and detailed, you will have no trouble using it.
With PDF Shaper Free, you can not only merge PDF files , but also convert them to another format or even add a signature.
Moreover, the tool allows extracting text, images or pages from a PDF file. It should also be noted that it includes a security module that allows you to protect your PDF documents with a password.
All in all, PDF Shaper Free is the ULTIMATE tool you need if you regularly work with PDFs. Note that some options are chargeable. That being said, let’s see without further ado how to merge PDFs with this software. Let’s go !
1. Start by downloading PDF Shaper Free from the publisher’s official website. To do this, click on the “ Download ” button. Note that the software is free for personal (non-commercial) use.
2. Then proceed to install the software.Warning : during installation, the program offers to install third-party software (crapware), uncheck the “ Install WinX DVD Ripper ” box, then click “ Next ”.
3. Open PDF Shaper Free software.
4. From its interface, under “Document” section, click “ Merge ” in the left pane.
5. Now select the PDF files to merge. To do this, hold down the key CTRLon your keyboard, then click on the PDF files . Once you have made your selection, click on “ Open ”.
6. Now click on the “ Proceed ” button.
7. Give your new document a name, then click “ Save ” to start the merging process.
8. Wait a few seconds during the merging process, then click ” OK “.
✅ Your PDF files are now merged. You can find your file in the location you previously defined.
Method 2: Combine PDF files without software with Adobe Acrobat
Adobe, the creator of the PDF, offers several free online tools, including one that allows you to merge PDFs. Adobe’s free online tool for combining PDF files offers a clean, simple and easy to understand interface.
No registration is required to use the online tool for the first time. On the other hand, if you want to use the tool again, you will have to log in with your Google, Facebook or Apple account, or by creating an account with your e-mail address and a password.
Registration also gives access to additional features such as the ability to share your file by generating a link or sending it by e-mail.
To merge PDF files with Adobe’s online tool, I invite you to follow these few steps:
1. Start by going to the Adobe site .
2. Then click the ” Select Files ” button to select your PDF files to merge.
3. Now you have the option to change the merging order of your PDF files. To do this, hold down the left click on the file to be moved and drag it to the desired location. Once done, click the “ Merge ” button.
4. Finally, click the ” Download ” button to download your combined PDF file.
That’s it, now you know how to merge PDF files easily and quickly using the methods described above. Of course, there are a multitude of similar tools, but I cannot list them all.