Twitter is a very popular social media platform. It allows you to add messages limited to 280 characters. While that might seem like a limitation, it’s actually useful and you might have seen a ton of Tweets go viral. Whether for news or for memes.
Of course, a Tweet allows you to add a gif, video or even an audio clip. But what if you wanted everyone who visits your profile to watch that particular Tweet? Well, it’s called a pinned Tweet, and today we’re going to take a look at how to pin any Tweet including someone else’s Tweet on the web as well as the version of the Twitter app.
You can pin any Tweet you create on your profile or from someone else’s profile. It doesn’t matter if it’s a new tweet or a tweet you might have posted years ago. And the best part about pinning a Tweet? It will take you less than 5 seconds to pin your tweet. Well yes, the time required may vary depending on the particular Tweet you are looking for and it may take even longer if you are someone who has over a hundred Tweets. Whatever the Tweet, you can read this guide to learn how to pin a Tweet to your profile.
- How to pin any Tweet on Twitter
- Pin a Tweet via web
- Pin a Tweet via the mobile app
- How to pin someone else’s Tweet on your profile
How to pin any Tweet on Twitter
Twitter is mainly used through the web browser or through apps on phones. Anyway, we’ve mentioned the steps to pin a Tweet using both methods.
Pin a Tweet via web
If you are someone who uses Twitter on a PC or laptop whether powered by Mac or Windows, you can follow the steps below on how to pin a Tweet.
- Turn on your PC and connect it to the Internet.
- Now launch the web browser you use for Twitter.
- Be sure to log in with your account credentials if you haven’t logged in before.
- Once logged in, click on Profile . You will see it on your left.
- You will be redirected to your profile page. This is where all your tweets are displayed.
- To pin a Tweet, select the desired Tweet by clicking on the three horizontal dots in the right corner of the Tweet.
- A menu will appear. Just click on the Pin to your profile option.
- You can now pin the selected tweet to your profile. It will appear at the top, just below your profile section.
- You can unpin the pinned Tweet by clicking on the three dots and selecting the Unpin this Tweet option.
Pin a Tweet via the mobile app
- Launch the Twitter app on your Android or iPhone. Make sure you are using the latest version of the app.
- If you are not logged into the app, log in now.
- Once logged in, tap your profile icon in the top left corner.
- A sidebar will now open. Tap Profiles in the sidebar.
- Once on your profile screen, choose the Tweet you want to pin.
- Next to the Tweet in the upper right corner, you will see a three-dot vertical menu. Press it.
- Now choose the Pin to Profile option from the menu.
- The tweet will now be pinned to your profile. You can unpin the tweet by tapping on the three-dot menu and selecting unpin.
How to pin someone else’s Tweet on your profile
Sometimes you might want to share a Tweet that was posted by someone else. If you want the tweet to have more reach, you can pin it to your profile. Follow these steps to pin someone else’s Tweet to your profile.
- First, go to the person’s profile and find the tweet you want to pin to your profile.
- Now you will need to copy the link to the tweet.
- Next, head to TWTools.eu .
- Next, click the blue box that says Pin any tweet .
- Now click Allow Access > Allow Application . This is necessary so that TwTools can access your profile.
- Once permissions are granted, simply paste the link of the tweet you want to pin to your profile.
- Now click on Pin this Tweet . The Tweet has now been pinned to your profile.
And that’s how you can pin a Tweet to your Twitter profile. The process, as you may have seen, will take you less than 5 seconds to pin a Tweet. Also, when you pin a Tweet, you will see a label that says Pinned Tweet, this is to let you know that Tweet will always stay on top until you decide to unpin it. We hope this guide has helped you learn how to pin a Tweet on the web as well as on Android and iOS devices.