To find the password of a WiFi network under Windows , several methods are available to you. However, note that it requires a few steps that you could do without. Indeed, today there are much more practical and above all faster solutions that allow you to get your hands on all the passwords of the WiFi networks to which you have connected. In this sense, today I present to you WiFi Password Recovery , a free software that allows you to recover all the passwords of wireless networks (WiFi) saved on your Windows 11 or 10 computer. To know more about this tool and how it works, I invite you to continue reading this article.
Find all your WiFi passwords with WiFi Password Recovery
A WiFi password, also called a WiFi key, is often very long and very difficult to remember. Therefore, at some point you may want to recover your WiFi password to share it with someone or save it to a new computer. To make it easier for you, I suggest you use the WiFi Password Recovery app.
WiFi Password Recovery is a free and open source software available on Windows that allows you to recover the passwords of WiFi networks saved on your computer. This tool can be particularly useful in many situations. For example, if you forgot the password of a WiFi network that you saved in the past, you can find it with just one click. Moreover, you can also use WiFi Password Recovery to export and import WiFi passwords to a new computer.
Once installed, the program will show you all the WiFi networks that have been saved on your computer. It will also show you other details about each WiFi network like the name (SSID), security type (WEP, WPA, WPA-PSK, WPA2, or WPA2-PSK), encryption algorithm, and network name. network interface.
WiFi Password Recovery hasn’t received an update since November 2, 2019, however, it still works great even if your PC is running Windows 11.
How to use Wi-Fi Password Recovery?
WiFi Password Recovery offers a user interface that is really very easy to learn. To recover the password of a WiFi network saved on your PC, follow these steps:
1. Start by downloading WiFi Password Recovery from SourceForge platform.
2. Then proceed with the installation of the program.
3. Then download your language translation of the software , then place the contents of the ZIP archive in the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\WiFi Password Recovery\locale\
4. Then run the WiFi Password Recovery software.
5. Once opened, click on the “ Language ” menu, then select “ your language like (French) ”.
6. Now, to find out the list of WiFi networks saved on your computer, click on the “ Scan ” button.
7. Finally, to recover the WiFi password of a network, double-click on it or click on “ Recover ”.
8. A new small window will then open from which the WiFi password is displayed in clear text. All you have to do is copy it or write it down somewhere.
That’s it, you now know how to find the WiFi password on your PC.
Export WiFi Passwords with WiFi Password Recovery
Now, if you want to export the WiFi passwords to import them on a new PC for example, follow these steps:
1. From the software interface, click on the “ File ” menu, then on “ Export networks ”.
2. Then, from the wireless networks export wizard, click on ” Next “, then click on ” Browse ” to select the location to save the file that will contain all the information of your PC’s WiFi networks. Note that you have the option of encrypting the exported data by checking the corresponding box.
3. The wizard then offers you to export all the wireless networks or to choose those that only interest you. Then click “ Next ”.
4. When the export is complete, click the ” Done ” button.
Import WiFi passwords with WiFi Password Recovery
To import WiFi network passwords to a new computer, follow these steps:
1. Install WiFi Password Recovery on the PC, then click ” File “, then ” Import Networks “.
2. Select the file you exported earlier, then click “ Next ”.
3. Check the “ All ” box to import all wireless networks stored in the file and click “ Next ”.
4. That’s it, the import of WiFi networks is now complete. You can now connect to one of the imported WiFi networks without entering the password.
What you must remember
If you forgot your wireless network key, or need to recover it for someone else, WiFi Password Recovery can help. This is a freeware that comes in handy to recover saved WiFi passwords on your PC. What’s more, the program features a friendly user interface that is very easy to use. So you won’t have any trouble using it.