I get it! Your iPhone Home Screen looks cluttered with too many apps, mismatched folders, and clunky widgets lying heater skelter. Having lived with the cluttered Home Screen, you’ve now decided to design the screen from scratch. And that’s precisely what has led you to explore the quick way to reset the Home Screen layout in iOS 16 on iPhone. If my guesswork is spot on, you’ve arrived at the right post.
Reset Home Screen Layout on iPhone in iOS 16 or Later
To get going, let’s understand how resetting the Home Screen layout works on iOS!
So, How Do You Reset Home Screen Layout on iPhone?
Well, iOS offers a native way to put the iPhone Home Screen layout to the default state. Yeah, you got that right! You don’t need to look for any third-party tool to wipe out the clutter from the screen.
If you are concerned about losing any media or data, let me assure you that it won’t harm anything. All it will do is just get rid of the custom layout and put them back to the original state – like when you unboxed your brand-new iPhone.
1. To get started, open the Settings app on your iPhone.
2. Now, choose General in the Settings menu.
3. Next, scroll down to the bottom of the screen and select Transfer or Reset iPhone.
4. Next up, tap on Reset.
5. Up next, tap on Reset Home Screen Layout in the popup menu.
6. After that, enter your device passcode.
7. If prompted, make sure to enter your Screen Time passcode.
8. Then, hit Reset Home Screen Layout and confirm the action.
- It’s worth pointing out that the process of resetting the home screen layout in iOS 14 or earlier is almost the same. To do so, head over to the Settings app -> General -> Reset -> Reset Home Screen Layout and confirm the action.
How to Customise iPhone Home Screen Separately
iOS 16 offers a neat way to customize the iPhone Home Screen separately. Just head over to the Settings app on your iPhone -> Wallpaper -> Home Screen preview and then customize the wallpaper to your heart’s liking.
Note that we have created a separate guide about customizing the Home Screen separately in iOS 16 or later. So, if you need more help, be sure to check out our hands-on guide.
And that’s about it! So, that’s how you can remove the clutter from your iPhone Home Screen and customize it from scratch. Since this hack neither harms your media and data nor takes a lot of time, take advantage of it as and when the need arrives. Have any feedback to share? If yes, feel free to share it via the comments section below.