Your iPhone is your life. You use it to communicate with your friends and family, to keep up to date with the news, but also and above all to take souvenir photos. What if something happened to your phone and all those photos disappeared? A tragedy, of course… You must therefore be very careful and make regular backups of your photos on different media. In this tutorial, we will see together how to transfer photos from your iPhone to a Windows 11 or Windows 10 PC . Follow the leader !
What are the solutions for backing up photos on your iPhone?
Photos are one of the most important things we have on our phones: they capture moments in our lives that we will never want to forget. So it’s important to back up your iPhone photos regularly, so you can be sure that even if something happens to your phone, you’ll still have all your memories safe and sound. To do this, several solutions are available to you.
First, you can back up your iPhone photos by syncing them to iCloud, the cloud storage offered by Apple. Moreover, you can also transfer your iPhone photos to your Windows PC or Mac. Then, once the backup has been made on your computer, you can also create a copy on an external hard drive or a NAS for example. In short, it is not the solutions that are lacking.
Whichever method you choose, be sure to do it regularly, especially if you take a lot of photos! So you never have to worry about losing those precious memories again.
How to transfer photos from iPhone to Windows PC?
Method #1: Via File Explorer
1. Start by connecting your iPhone to your computer using a Lightning to USB Type-C or Lightning to USB cable (depending on the ports available on your PC’s motherboard).
2. Once connected, an ” Allow this device to access photos and videos ” window will appear on your iPhone. Concretely, you are asked if you want to authorize your PC to access the photos and videos on your iPhone. Tap ” Allow “.
3. Next, from your Windows 11 or Windows 10 PC, go to File Explorer . To do this, click on the File Explorer icon located in the taskbar or use the keyboard shortcut Windows+ E.
4. From the Windows File Explorer, right-click on the Apple iPhone icon , then on ” Import Pictures and Videos ” in the pop-up menu that appears.
5. Then wait while Windows searches for photos and videos on your iPhone.
6. Now you have two options ” Review, organize and group items to import ” or ” Import all new items now “.
The first option allows you to view photos and videos from your iPhone in a new Windows window. This lets you select only the items you want to import.
The second option allows you to transfer all the photos and videos (without exception) from your iPhone to your Windows PC. In the future, if you choose this option again to transfer your iPhone photos and videos to your Windows PC, it will only import the new media.
7. Now that you have selected the option you are interested in, click on the “ Other options ” link to select the destination folders for the photos and videos . Don’t forget to save the changes with ” OK “.
8. Finally, when you are ready, click on the “ Import ” button to start the transfer.
9. All you have to do is wait for the entire transfer time… This may take more or less time depending on the number of photos and videos you have on your iPhone.
✅ That’s it, you now know how to easily import your photos and videos from your iPhone to your Windows 11/10 PC 😉
Method #2: via LANDrop
LANDrop is a free and open source application for transferring files between devices. It is easy to use and can be downloaded on Windows, macOS, Linux, Android and iOS. LANDrop allows you to quickly and easily transfer photos, videos, music and other files between your devices without having to use cables.
Simply install the app on all the devices you want to transfer files between and then open the app on each device. The app will automatically detect all other devices connected to the same network and allow you to transfer files between them.
1. Start by downloading LANDrop on your Windows PC.
2. Once downloaded, extract the ZIP archive in the directory of your choice. To do this, right-click on the archive, then select “ Extract all… ”.
3. Select the location to extract the files to, then click ” Extract “.
4. Then run the LANDrop application by double-clicking on the LANDrop.exe file .
5. A security window will then appear, click on ” Allow access “.
6. Once the application is running, a LANDrop icon will be automatically added in the notification area (next to the time).
7. Now, from your iPhone, download the LANDrop app from the App Store .
8. Once the app is installed on your iPhone, run it, then allow the app to search for devices on your network by tapping “ OK ”. You must then restart the application for the authorization to take effect.
9. Then select the photos you want to transfer to your PC. To do this, tap on the “Image” icon present at the top right of the app.
10. Now select the photos you want to transfer and then tap on the “ Add ” button.
11. Under ” Devices “, tap the name of your Windows PC to start the transfer.
12. From your PC, you must now accept the transfer by clicking on “ Yes ”.
✅ That’s it! The photos from your iPhone have been transferred to your Windows PC.