Have you just installed Windows 11 on your computer and are you already missing the Windows 10 interface? I have what you need ! Discover ExplorerPatcher , an open source software that allows to transform the interface of Windows 11 into Windows 10 .
- Windows 11, a new interface that is not unanimous
- Customize the appearance of Windows 11 with ExplorerPatcher
- Find Windows 10 Start Menu on Windows 11
- Change the position of the Windows 11 taskbar
- Restore Windows 10 File Explorer Ribbon and Context Menu
- Disable rounded corners in Windows 11
- What you must remember
Windows 11, a new interface that is not unanimous
As you know, Microsoft’s new operating system, namely Windows 11, brings many changes both from an aesthetic and ergonomic point of view. Indeed, the Windows 11 interface has been completely redesigned, including a clearer Start menu centered on the taskbar, less busy windows with rounded edges and panels that open on the sides of the Desktop. It is both more modern and more refined than that of Windows 10.
Unfortunately, all these changes are far from unanimous among users. No doubt a matter of habit… Anyway, if you too are looking for solutions to return to the Windows 10 interface without reinstalling the system, ExplorerPatcher could be an interesting alternative.
Customize the appearance of Windows 11 with ExplorerPatcher
ExplorerPatcher is open source software that can restore many aspects of Windows 10 to your Windows 11 PC . In particular, you can restore the old Start menu, but also the taskbar, the contextual menu or the ribbon in File Explorer. Everything is fully customizable. You will find the Windows 10 look on Windows 11.
Unlike other solutions, the ExplorerPatcher software is completely free. It is available for download from the GitHub platform . Once installed, the taskbar will automatically change its appearance to look like Windows 10.
The software is configured to run automatically when Windows starts. So you won’t need to open it every time you start it to look like Windows 10.
To modify the Explorer Patcher software settings, right-click on the taskbar, then select “ Properties ”.
A new window with lots of settings will appear on your screen. From the latter, you can customize the appearance of Windows 11 as you see fit.
All options are classified by categories: taskbar, notification area (system tray), file explorer, start menu, etc. Go to each tab to discover the available options. In particular, you can choose between the Windows 11 taskbar or the Windows 10 taskbar, but also deactivate the new Windows 11 context menu or even restore the classic Windows 10 Start menu.
After changing the software settings, you must click on “Restart File Explorer” (bottom left of the window) for the changes to take effect.
Finally, note that if you for some reason want to restore the interface of Windows 11 and not keep any changes, you just have to uninstall the program .
Find Windows 10 Start Menu on Windows 11
If you want to restore the Windows 10 Start menu in Windows 11, follow these steps:
1. From the ExplorerPatcher properties , click on the “ Start Menu ” menu.
2. Next, next to ” Start menu style “, select ” Windows 10 “. This option restores the appearance of the Windows 10 Start menu in Windows 11.
3. And finally, to display the Start menu in the lower left corner rather than in the center of the screen, select the “ At screen edge ” position.
Change the position of the Windows 11 taskbar
ExplorerPatcher also allows you to change the position of the Windows 11 taskbar. To do this, follow the few instructions below:
1. Go to the “ Taskbar ” menu.
2. Next, next to “ Primary taskbar location on screen ”, select the position you want.
- Bottom (default) : at the bottom of the screen
- Top : at the top of the screen
- Left : left of the screen
- Right : on the right of the screen
Restore Windows 10 File Explorer Ribbon and Context Menu
As you may have noticed, the new File Explorer in Windows 11 has also undergone some changes. The top ribbon now displays small pictograms, instead of the classic “Copy”, “Paste”, etc. buttons.
To restore Windows 10 File Explorer classic ribbon in Windows 11, follow these steps:
1. Still from the properties of ExplorerPatcher, click on the “ File Explorer ” menu.
2. From here you will find two options: “ Disable the Windows 11 command bar ” and “ Disable the Windows 11 context menu ”. Enable these two options to restore both the classic ribbon and the old context menu in Windows 11 File Explorer.
Disable rounded corners in Windows 11
Finally, ExplorerPatcher allows you to replace the rounded edges of Windows windows with square edges like in Windows 10. To do this, follow these instructions:
1. Go to the “ Other ” menu.
2. Then click on the “ Disable rounded corners for Windows application ” option .
3. Finally, click “ Restart File Explorer ” to restart File Explorer for the changes to take effect.
What you must remember
As you will have understood, the ExplorerPatcher software offers a multitude of options to find the appearance of Windows 10 in Windows 11. Thanks to this tool, you can make Windows 11 look like Windows 10 in a few clicks!
The only downside is that the software is entirely in English. Therefore, if you are not comfortable with the language of Shakespeare, the only option I offer you is to use an online translator .