Updating the drivers of your PC is essential for it to operate efficiently and be protected from bugs and other security failures. However, finding effective, free, ergonomic software that is compatible with your operating system is not easy. In this sense, today I present to you Snappy Driver Installer , a powerful open source driver management tool for Windows . With it, you can install, update, uninstall and manage your computer’s drivers.
- Why update your computer drivers?
- How to update your PC drivers?
- Snappy Driver Installer
- How to use Snappy Driver Installer to update your PC’s drivers?
Why update your computer drivers?
Computer drivers are computer programs that allow your computer to interface with hardware devices. Indeed, the drivers provide communication between the device and the operating system . Without the drivers, your peripherals (printer, graphics card, etc.) would be unusable.
Drivers are therefore essential for the proper functioning of your system. By keeping your drivers up to date, you can ensure that your computer runs as efficiently as possible.
Hardware manufacturers frequently release new versions of their drivers to improve compatibility, fix bugs, or add functionality. It is therefore important to keep your computer drivers updated to get better performance and stability from your devices.
How to update your PC drivers?
Updating your PC’s drivers is a relatively simple process. There are several ways to update your drivers . The most common is to use the built-in Windows Update tool. Just open the settings and click on “Windows Update”, then on “Check for updates”. If updates are available for your drivers, Windows will automatically download and install them for you. The problem with this solution is that Windows does not always offer the latest versions of drivers.
Alternatively, most driver updates are released by your hardware manufacturer and can be downloaded for free from their website. In most cases, all you need to know is the make and model of your hardware to find the latest driver available. Just download the file, run it on your computer and follow the on-screen instructions – it’s that easy! However, it may take you more or less time depending on how many devices you have.
Finally, third and last solution, turn to specialized software like Snappy Driver Installer which will do all the work for you. This tool scans your computer for outdated or outdated drivers, then helps you install the latest versions with just a few clicks.
Snappy Driver Installer
There are many driver update software on PC today. However, most of them are paid or limited in their use. Opting for Snappy Driver Installer (SDI) is therefore a wise choice, because this software is completely free and open source .
Created a little over 6 years ago, it is a multilingual tool that continues to seduce with its ease of use. Snappy Driver Installer is a powerful driver management tool that helps you keep your PC’s drivers up to date . SDI downloads and installs the latest drivers for your computer, helping it run smoothly.
Once installed, Snappy Driver Installer will automatically check for available driver updates. It then informs you about the drivers that need to be updated. You can then decide whether or not you want to update this or that driver.
Moreover, the software allows you to create a restore point before updating the drivers . Thus, in the event of a compatibility problem with the new version of a driver, you can always go back.
How to use Snappy Driver Installer to update your PC’s drivers?
The operation of Snappy Driver Installer is very simple. To update your PC drivers with this software, follow these steps:
1. Start by downloading Snappy Driver Installer from the developer’s official website. To do this, click the ” Download ” button under SDI Lite.
2. Then unzip the ZIP archive wherever you want.
3. Then run the software. Note that the software is available in 32 and 64 bit versions . Choose the version that corresponds to the operating system of your PC.
4. When the program opens, you are prompted to download all driver packs, network-only drivers, or indexes. Personally, I suggest the third option “Download indexes only”. This will save you from unnecessarily downloading drivers that you already have or don’t need.
5. Following this, the software will take care of searching for available driver updates and listing it for you.
6. Once the process is complete, now check the driver(s) you wish to update. Be careful, before clicking on the “Install” button, don’t forget to check the “Create a restore point” box before starting the update process.
✅ And that’s it! All you have to do is restart your computer.