In this article, we will learn How to use Free PowerPoint Backgrounds Using Unsplash Images (2023)
PowerPoint is a software application developed by Microsoft that is used to create multimedia presentations. It allows users to combine text, images, graphics, and other multimedia elements to create visually engaging and interactive presentations.
PowerPoint presentations typically consist of a series of slides that can be customized to include text, images, charts, tables, and other multimedia elements. Users can choose from a variety of built-in templates or create their own custom design to suit their needs.
PowerPoint is widely used in business, education, and other fields to create presentations for meetings, conferences, and classroom instruction. It is a versatile tool that can be used to communicate information, explain complex concepts, and engage audiences through interactive multimedia elements such as animations, videos, and sound effects.
PowerPoint is part of the Microsoft Office suite of applications and is available for both Windows and Mac operating systems. It has become a popular and widely used tool for creating and delivering presentations in a variety of settings.
If you are looking for free PowerPoint backgrounds using Unsplash images, here are the steps you can follow:
- Go to the Unsplash website (unsplash.com) and search for an image that you want to use as the background for your PowerPoint presentation. You can use the search bar to find images related to a specific theme or topic.
- Once you have found an image that you like, download it by clicking on the download button located below the image. Unsplash images are free to use and do not require attribution, but it’s always a good idea to credit the photographer if possible.
- Open PowerPoint and create a new presentation. Click on the Design tab and select the Slide Size option. Choose the size and orientation of your presentation.
- Click on the Background Styles option and select Format Background. Choose the Fill option and then select Picture or Texture Fill.
- Click on the File button and select the Unsplash image that you downloaded earlier. The image will be applied as the background for your PowerPoint presentation.
- You can adjust the transparency, brightness, and contrast of the background image by using the sliders located in the Format Background menu.
- Repeat these steps for each slide in your PowerPoint presentation to create a cohesive and visually appealing design.
In this tutorial, I will show how to quickly create a nice-looking presentation with Unsplash photos as background images. See the screenshot below for the end result (and more):
The first step is to search the Unsplash website for a photo to use, ideally one in landscape orientation matching the format of your slides.
Once you have found a photo you like, select it and click the Download free button to download the image in JPEG format.
In PowerPoint, go to View → Slide Master and select the master slide. Now insert the downloaded image via Insert → Pictures.
Enlarge the image to cover the entire slide. If the aspect ratio of the image doesn’t match the size of the slide, select the image and click on Format → Crop to activate the Crop tool. You can now use the black crop handles to remove unnecessary areas of the image.
Go to Format → Compress Pictures, choose Web (150 ppi), and click on OK to compress the image. This step will significantly reduce the file size of the presentation, without sacrificing much picture quality.
Add a rectangle shape to the slide (Insert → Shapes → Rectangle) and change its size to cover the entire slide.
- Remove the rectangles outline via Shape Outline → No Outline.
- Choose a nice, dark fill color for the rectangle (Shape Fill → Color).
- Perform a right-click on the rectangle and select Format Shape from the context menu. Now change the rectangle’s transparency value to 10% (under Fill).
Do another right-click on the rectangle and select Send to Back from the context menu.
Select the image, do a right-click, and select Send to Back from the context menu.
Select Slide Master → Background Styles and select Style 4 (black background) from the menu. This will change the presentation’s text color to white.
Using Unsplash images for your PowerPoint background is a great way to create a professional and engaging presentation without having to spend money on stock images.
Leave a Comment