Do you want to download a video from the Internet or download a video to MP3? To do this, today I present to you Open Video Downloader , a graphical interface of youtube-dl that allows you to download the videos from the web in high quality . To learn more about this tool and how it works, I invite you to continue reading this article.
Download YouTube, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram video with Open Video Downloader
Open Video Downloader is a free and open source application that allows you to download (almost) any video available on the Internet. The application was developed in Electron and Node.js by a certain Jelle Glebbeek, an independent Dutch developer. You can download it for free on Windows, macOS and Linux.
Open Video Downloader is no more and no less than a GUI of the popular youtube-dl command line tool . With this app, you can download videos from YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Vimeo, Dailymotion and other websites, among others. In total, more than 1,000 services are supported.
This video download tool offers a user-friendly interface that is very easy to learn. Just fill in the URL (link) of the video you want to download in the field provided, then add it to the download. That’s all ! 😎
Now, let’s see together what the tool offers in terms of features.
Open Video Downloader offers several interesting features. First of all, when you want to download a video, the software allows you to choose the output file format and set the resolution (2160p, 1440p, 1080p, 720p, 480p or 360p) as well as the quality level (good or bad).
For example, you can download a video in MP4 or MKV format with or without sound (your choice). Moreover, you can also download only the audio of a video in MP3, M4A, Opus, Vorbis, WAV, ACC or FLAC format.
Finally, note that the software supports downloading multiple videos simultaneously. Thus, you can download entire playlists within the limit of 32 videos maximum.
How to use Open Video Downloader?
1. Start by downloading Open Video Downloader from the developer’s official website. If you are on Windows, I advise you to download the application from the Microsoft Store , because I tried to download and install it manually, but the app did not work.
2. Once installed, run the application.
3. Next, go to your platform of choice to copy the URL of the video you want to download.
4. Then go back to the software, then paste the URL (if it is not already done), then click on the ” + ” button to add the video to the download queue.
5. Now you have the option to download the video with or without the audio or only download the audio from the video. In addition, from the application settings (gear icon), you have the option to choose the output file format.
6. Also select the resolution of the output video.
7. Finally, click on the “ Download ” button to start the download.
8. Now all you have to do is wait while the download takes place. You will then find your file in the “Download” folder.
That’s it, now you know how to download videos from the web with Open Video Downloader.