It’s a fact, to watch TV for free in a single interface, the solutions are starting to run out. Indeed, if before we had the Molotov or Captvty applications , these have now become almost obsolete. The channels of the TF1 or even M6 groups are now paying, or even inaccessible. So, what solutions are left? Well, today I present to you Catch-Up TV & More , an extension for the Kodi media player that allows you to watch TV channels from all over the world , including those from France. To learn more about this extension and how it works, I invite you to continue reading.
What is Catch-Up TV & More?
Catch-Up TV & More is an extension for the famous open source media player Kodi. Thanks to it, you can watch live or replay TV from a single interface on your TV, computer, smartphone or tablet. In particular, you can watch French TNT TV channels such as TF1, France 2, France 3, M6, C8, W9, TMC, TFX, NRJ12, BFM TV, CNews, Gulli or even LCI. In total, no less than a hundred French TV channels are available.
In addition, Catch-Up TV & More also includes foreign TV channels . In particular, you will be able to watch certain TV channels from the following countries: Belgium, Canada, Switzerland, Cameroon, China, Spain, Italy, Japan, the Netherlands, Poland, Tunisia, England and the United States. To consult the list of available TV channels , go to the extension’s official website.
In short, Catch-Up TV & More is an excellent alternative to Molotov or Captvty. In particular, you will be able to find the TV channels of the TF1 and M6 groups and many more. Personally, I tested on my computer, the NVIDIA Shield and on the Amazon Fire TV Stick and it works great!
Install Kodi Open Source Media Player
To use Catch-Up TV & More, you must first install the Kodi media player. Here’s how.
2. Once downloaded, then proceed to install it.
How do I install and use Catch-Up TV & More?
Change Kodi Language
1. Launch Kodi on your device.
2. You will notice that the interface is in English. To change the Kodi interface language to others languages, go to the application settings.
3. Launch Kodi and click the Settings icon.
4. Click Add-ons .
5. Click Install from repository.
6. By default, you are now in the Kodi Add-on repository. Select Video add-ons.
7. Select Catch-up TV & More.
8. Click Install.
9. A pop-up window will appear, which lists the additional add-ons that will be installed. Click OK.
10. Wait for the Catch-up TV & More Add-on installed message to appear.
11. Return to the home screen of Kodi and select Add-ons from the left menu, then click the Catch-up TV & More icon.
12. Choose any of the categories.
13. Select a country.
14. Choose a media company.
15. Select a program to watch.
That’s it! You can now enjoy Catch-up TV & More content within Kodi.
Catch-up TV & More Kodi Addon Description
Upon completion of the installation, Catch-up TV & More will now show up on your Kodi home screen.
The Catch-up TV & More add-on contains a short list of Categories. It is a very simple, basic add-on that is perfect for all Kodi users.
The Categories include Live TV, Catch-up TV, Websites and Favourites.
We found that streaming videos on the Catch-up TV & More add-on is extremely fast and free of buffering.
If you would like to stream Catch-up TV & More using a Live TV service instead of Kodi, check out the link below for other options.
Add source to install Catch-Up TV & More repository
1. Now go back to Kodi settings and click on “ File Manager ”.
2. Then click on ” Add a source “.
3. To add a file source, click “ None” .
4. Enter the following URL and confirm with ” OK “.
5. Name this new source. To do this, click on “repo”.
6. Type for example “ Catch-Up TV & More source ”.
7. Finally, confirm with “ OK ”.
Install the Catch-Up TV & More repository
1. Then go back to Kodi settings.
2. Then click on “ System ”.
3. In the left pane, click on ” Extensions “, then turn on the switch next to ” Unknown sources ” in the right part.
4. Now go to the “Add-ons” menu from the main interface of Kodi.
5. Click the top left icon to access the Extensions Browser.
6. Click ” Install ZIP file “.
7. In the list that appears, click on “ Catch-Up TV & More source ”.
8. Choose between the “ Stable ” or “ Beta ” distribution channel .
- The stable channel integrates major versions of the plugin for better extension stability.
- The beta channel allows Catch-Up TV & More to be updated each time the extension code is modified on the GitHub platform. This will get you the latest fixes and improvements to the extension. However, note that you also expose yourself to possible bugs and instabilities.
2. In the left pane, click on ” Accounts “, then enter the username and password of your 6play account in the right part, and confirm with ” OK “.Note : if you do not have a 6play account, you can create one for free from the 6play.fr website, under “My account”.
✅ It’s over! You will now find all your TV channels in the “TV” section of Kodi.