Learn all the secrets of natural referencing to propel your site on the ranking of search engines.
Discover our complete, comprehensive and easily applicable method to become number ONE!
Natural referencing (organic referencing or SEO) refers to 100% free search results. It is based on the relevance of the user’s search query, links, domain authority, and other natural ranking factors.
In this article, discover step by step the method to apply to position yourself on search engines for free and take advantage of this tremendous organic traffic lever.
Finally, to clarify certain points and facilitate understanding, I will answer in a FAQ the most regularly asked questions about SEO referencing.
How to become number 1 on Google? The complete natural referencing METHOD
Here’s how to get your site to the top of search engine results:
- Create a content strategy
- Write comprehensive, comprehensive articles that meet search intent and provide value
- Organize the architecture of the site.
- Publish the article by optimizing the metas for SEO.
- Improve page loading speed.
- Broaden the semantics and integrate variants of the keywords (to be done regularly).
- Interconnect items to create synergy.
- Obtain relevant backlinks .
- Distribute content.
- Analyze statistics.
With that being said, let’s move on to the first step.
1. Create a content strategy
The content strategy is directly linked to natural referencing and it is on this that the amount of organic traffic that you will be able to generate to your blog depends. It should ideally feature informative and transactional articles and focus on topics specific to its underserved niche on the web.
How To Create A Content Strategy?
In this comprehensive guide, we explain the exact method to create a solid and engaging content strategy that will help you attract free traffic to your blog continuously.
2. Write complete and comprehensive articles
To thrive in your online business, you need to go beyond just “content writing”.
Your content should be engaging and meet two simple goals: attract the end user and solve a specific problem. The watchword is to give value to its readers. Articles should be useful, informative and specifically written for their audience by meeting their needs.
Before you start writing any type of content, ask yourself:
- Who are you talking to?
- Who is your audience?
- What can you teach them that they don’t know yet?
- What service can you offer them that is unique?
- What knowledge can you share?
- What subject can you deepen?
- To which articles that you have already written can you redirect your readers?
In this article, find the exact step by step to ???? write an optimized blog post
Note that writing articles is not just about writing a particular blog post, but about writing and linking a bunch, 50 and more.
This brings us to talk about the architecture of your site.
3. Organize the site architecture
If you have a clear understanding of the structure of your blog, you can help make everything a little more efficient.
The SEO architecture is based on the way in which users but also search engines manage to find a site. The idea is to prioritize the information and consists of sharing consistent content, while reducing the number of clicks needed to access it by improving indexing.
The objective is to offer a clear organization and an overview of the pages of your site and their characteristics to search engines.
This architectural work is based on 3 main elements:
- Relevant and optimized URL links
- The keywords you want to rank for
- Internal links between your pages
By optimizing this architectural base, you deliberately choose how to prioritize the pages of your site and how Google will scroll your site.
You can thus give more “SEO juice” to the pages of your choice.
4. Optimize article and metas for SEO
A good article is easy to read and scroll through, whether on a computer or a mobile phone. To do this, use short sentences and divide the text into several small paragraphs.
Also, it is generally accepted that Google attaches importance to the placement of keywords on a page. And this acts directly on the ability of a page to position itself for a keyword.
Among the main locations we can name:
- The title. Write a catchy and intriguing headline that makes the reader want to click through and read the article.
- The first paragraph of your text
- Title tags. They are marked from H1 to H6. They enlarge the size of your font and allow the title or subtitle to stand out. When you write content, it’s very important to structure it to make it easier to read.
- The body of the text. You must include your keyword and variations several times throughout the article,
- The pictures (alt)
- The meta title. This is the title that appears in Google search results. The meta title should be a concise and precise description of your article. Google will show 50-60 characters of your title in search results,
- Meta description. This is what helps search engines understand what the content is about. Google uses your page’s meta description as a snippet when people search for relevant keywords for your page. This snippet copy determines whether or not you get clicks, regardless of your search ranking. For SEO purposes, the meta description should be 150-160 characters.
To improve your natural referencing and be sure that each article you write meets SEO standards, I have a tip.
Install an SEO plugin on your site. This allows you to easily check if your page or article is optimized.
In particular, you can install the completely free Yoast plugin , which includes different tools to help you write a better article to position yourself on Google.
5. Improve your page loading speed
Did you know?
40% of users abandon a page that does not load after 3 seconds.
This has not escaped Google which considers in terms of natural referencing, the loading speed of a site.
How to improve the loading time of your site and not risk being penalized by Google?
Here are some tips to improve the loading speed.
First of all, this starts with the choice of your host.
Choosing a top budget host is often done to the detriment of the quality of the service offered.
Personally, I recommend using Bluehost, a successful and trusted host.
???? To learn more about using and installing Bluehost, everything is explained here: Choosing a host to create a professional blog
Next, decrease the weight of the images. In general, an image should not exceed 200 KB.
Avoid accumulating plugins, widgets and other features.
You should also compress the CSS code.
6. Broaden the semantics and integrate variations of your keyword (to be done regularly)
SEO semantics and the inclusion of keyword variations also improve natural visibility on search engines.
To do this, write a sufficiently long article by developing the lexical field of your targeted keyword.
Search engines tend to favor longer articles (minimum 1000 words) that bring added value to readers.
Words are powerful. Words drive engagement.
- Long content outperforms short content by 54% on average.
- Long content (>3000 words) gets on average 208% more shares than short articles.
The longer your content, the more you will deepen the subject and by extension give value to your reader.
But beware, it is not a question of writing for the sake of writing! The idea is to write as complete an article as possible. An article that allows you to share all the information your reader is looking for.
???? If you want to learn more about the ideal length of a blog post , I recommend this post (click on the link) in which I give lots of tips and details.
7. Interconnect articles to create synergy
Setting up internal links between your pages and articles is also an important step when you want to optimize on-page SEO.
As we have seen previously with the architecture of the site, the internal linking aims to interconnect the pages of your website and thus create synergies.
This way, you can easily transfer popularity from the homepage or main page to more distant pages.
Also, it allows you to increase the PageRank of strategic pages.
As a reminder, the closer a page is to the home page, the more it will receive “referencing juice” from it.
There is another important point to consider when linking two posts or pages together.
This is the anchor text.
Anchor text and often colored text that indicates the clickable link to readers.
The trick to maximizing your SEO is to use link text that makes sense in context.
Preferably, you are going to want to use a keyword or some variation of it and not an indication like “click here” or “read more”.
To maximize your visibility, you will also want to add external links to other authority sites.
These will tell search engines that you appreciate what others are creating.
They also send trust signals to Google.
Google will reward you for being in tune with its mission: to organize the world’s information and make it universally accessible.
8. Get Relevant Backlinks
Backlinks are links pointing from another site to their own. When they come from legitimate sites recognized by Google in its field, they help gain more credibility with search engines.
In addition, they allow you to get more visitors, popularity, notoriety and traffic.
How to get maximum backlinks?
Write guest articles (guest blogging)
Among the different techniques, that of writing guest articles for another blog is one of our favorites for generating quality backlinks.
For this to be effective, you need to connect with a quality blog, a strong authority and with traffic.
In practice, it’s very simple and can be summarized in 4 steps:
- Choose blogs that focus on a theme similar to yours , or even on the same theme and negotiate with its owner for a guest publication.
- Write a great article. If you want to gain notoriety and benefit from the traffic of the blog you have chosen, you must give maximum value to readers.
- Include in the article one or two outgoing links to your site but also a link to another article on the same blog.
- Check back regularly to answer any questions and comments. This will allow you to build new relationships.
The Skyscraper method (skyscraper method)
This is a link building strategy where your goal is to improve and optimize an already existing popular article and replicate the backlinks.
To do this, you must:
- Look for relevant content , related to your theme and with many backlinks (generally you will choose articles that are very well positioned on Google)
- Create a better article that gives even more value to readers
- Reach out to those who link and refer people to the original article and suggest that they link to your article which now deals with the topic or question much better.
9. Distribute your content
Once you’ve written and published the new content, the SEO work is pretty much done! Phew..
Now you need to focus on delivering your content.
The idea is to share the link of your content as much as possible. Share your content on your social networks, in your newsletter, on Facebook pages or groups that talk about the same subject, through influencers who could relay your content.
If it’s consistent, also refer this new content in some of your old articles that deal with the same theme.
This will create internal links to your new article and will allow it to be discovered by readers who are already arriving on your site.
10. Analyze your stats
So far we have seen a lot of tips to improve the publication of your content.
But there is one last point because it is not a question of simply publishing its content and forgetting about it.
The analysis of statistics is an integral part of a well-applied SEO strategy. This requires regular monitoring and analysis of data on Google Analytics. This makes it possible to discover visitor behavior and trends and to be able to intervene accordingly.
Look in particular on which pages of your site they spent the most time, which pages or articles were viewed the most times, what is the percentage of the bounce rate…
From this data, you can improve your visitor’s experience by making small changes or writing more about the topics they like the most, for example.
FAQ – Website natural referencing
Find here the most frequently asked questions about natural referencing.
When we enter a search query into a search engine, we get a list of relevant search results with our searched word. Ok, so far nothing new…
But, did you know that these search results appear as a result of search optimization (SEO)?
Let me explain…
SEO is a strategy for optimizing the visibility of a website during the choices made by search engines in order to make it more popular and help it rank higher than the content of other sites that target the same search terms. The SEO technique is based on various methods that aim to provide maximum information to content indexing robots.
The objective is therefore, through optimized content and responding to a specific search intention, to appear at the top of the search results of Internet users.
The number 1 interest of natural referencing is that it can help generate free traffic from searches carried out on search engines such as Google. This is the primary visitor acquisition channel for many blogs and websites.
Remember that millions of Internet users use search engines every day to find answers to their questions or solutions to their problems.
Additionally, the majority of people using search engines (over 65%) are more likely to click on any of the top 5 suggestions on these results pages.
So you will understand the importance of appearing in one of the top positions. We come back to this later in the article with actionable tips and tricks.
But natural referencing does not only influence your positioning on search engines.
Indeed, beyond ranking, good practices related to SEO in terms of content strategy considerably improve the user experience (UX), the usability of a website, and its brand image.
In the same idea, natural referencing requires having an optimized, fast and technically well thought out site.
Thus, by developing a complete strategy of natural referencing, we ensure at the same time to have a powerful and optimal source code.
Yes, without hesitation.
To better understand, let’s look at some numbers.
In France, but also in the world in general, the sites appearing on the first page of search engine results are the most visited sites.
The first 3 cumulative results collect almost 60% of the clicks :
- For position #1: about 35% of clicks
- For position #2: about 15%
- For position #3: 10% of clicks on average
In view of these statistics, you will understand the importance of being well placed in the natural results.
Google rates websites by degree of relevance.
The main criteria are:
- On-page optimization: use of tags, optimization of URLs, content quality, relevant internal links… Tag Title
- Off-page optimization: origin of external links ( backlinks), link anchor, quantity of links, etc.
- User experience (UX) and site infrastructure: site loading speed, general site appearance, navigability, site architecture, bounce rate, conversion rate, customer journey performance…
The indexing of a website on search engines is done on its own but to speed up the process and the passage of the first scroll, it is possible to submit a website. This kind of alerts search engines to the existence of a site and adds it to a list of sites to crawl.
Ok, but how do you submit a website?
SEO is an ongoing strategy to consider for the long term. By applying an optimized SEO method, it takes between 6 to 12 months to see the first results. This varies depending on the competitiveness of the niche and the effectiveness of the content strategy.
Factors such as the quality of the articles, their length and the age of the site can also cause different results.
Google will navigate through the different pages of your blog like a user.
It will crawl your site to find out its content and index it.
This is why the architecture of your site must be optimal (see step 4).
Google’s robots will follow the structure of your site and move by following the internal mesh.
The more your site has consistent internal links, the more Google is able to crawl your pages, analyze them and finally index them with relevance.
To conclude, remember that natural referencing is a 100% free strategy that can significantly help you generate more traffic to your site.
By applying these SEO strategies you are sure to increase the traffic of your blog and your site in general and improve the organic ranking of your site on search engines.