If your computer is unable to read a file because you don’t have the necessary software, don’t worry about searching for the right software. Instead, you can try reading the file directly on the website. One website that allows you to do this is rollMyFile.
RollMyFile is an online tool that can read over 500 different file types. To use it, simply upload your file to the site by dragging and dropping or by clicking on “Choose,” and the online service will take care of the rest.
If you want to modify the file and save your changes to Dropbox or Google Drive, you will need to proceed to checkout. The subscription costs $6.99 per month or $5.99 per month if you opt for a one-year subscription.
RollMyFile is compatible with the following browsers: Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Opera, Safari on iPad, and Chrome on Android tablets.
- Documents: Microsoft Word files: doc, docx; Rich Text files: rtf; OpenOffice Writer files: odt; Word Perfect files: wpd; PDFs and others
- Spreadsheets: Microsoft Excel files: xls, xlsx; OpenOffice Calc files: ods, ots; Comma-Separated Values files: csv
- Presentations: Microsoft PowerPoint files: ppt, pptx, pps, ppsx; OpenOffice Impress files: odp, otp
- eBooks: epub, fb2, djvu and others
- ZIP, RAR and other archives
- Graphics: jpg, png, bmp, gif, svg, tiff and many others including Adobe Photoshop’s psd and Adobe Illustrator’s ai
- Diagrams: Microsoft Visio files: vsd and others like dia, fig
- Publishing systems files: Adobe Illustrator files: ai; Scribus files: scd, sla; PostScript: eps, ps and others
Overall more than 500 different file types are supported. And more to come!