Today, I would like to introduce you to two remarkable projects that I recently discovered – WirePiUS and RaSoPle. Both of these projects work seamlessly with Docker-compose and are incredibly easy to deploy.
WirePiUS combines WireGuard, Pi-Hole, Unbound, and Stubby, providing you with a reliable and secure VPN with DNS caching and DNS over TLS.
On the other hand, RaSoPle combines a variety of tools such as Radarr, Sonarr, Lidarr, Jackett, flaresolverr, rdt-client, Plex, Emby, and Jellyfin:
- Radarr is a movie collection manager for Usenet and BitTorrent users.
- Sonarr is a PVR (Personal Video Recorder) for Usenet and BitTorrent users.
- Addarr is a Telegram bot for adding series to Sonarr or movies to Radarr.
- Plex is a versatile streaming service and client-server media player platform.
- Emby organizes and delivers media from personal libraries to various devices.
- Jackett serves as a proxy server for interacting with tracking sites.
- Rdtclient is a web interface to manage torrents on Real-Debrid or AllDebrid.
- Flaresolverr is a proxy server to bypass Cloudflare protection.
Since both projects share similar functionality, I will present them together.
Once WirePiUS is installed on your machine using Docker, you can enjoy a personal VPN server with ad blocking (via Pi-Hole), DNS caching (via Unbound), and secure DNS (via Stubby). These services are not publicly exposed to ensure security and confidentiality. Additionally, WirePiUS supports various architectures, including x86-64, arm64, Raspberry-Ubuntu, and Raspberry-Raspbian.
After cloning the repository, QR codes will be displayed in the terminal, simplifying the configuration of WireGuard on your smartphone. Configuration files are located in the folder ‘wirepius-radarr-sonarr/WireHoleS/wireguard.’ The internal subnet defaults to 10.6.0.0, and the DNS server used by VPN clients will be reachable at IP 10.2.0.100. If no ‘wg0.conf’ file is found, server and client/peer configuration files will be generated automatically.
As mentioned in the documentation, I recommend using the ‘Split tunnel’ configuration to only route web dashboard and DNS traffic through the VPN. You can access PiHole by logging into WireGuard and visiting http://10.2.0.100/admin. The password is blank unless specified in ‘docker-compose.yml.’
Now, let’s move on to RaSoPle, another Docker-compose project that combines Radarr, Sonarr, Lidarr, Jackett, flaresolverr, rdt-client, Plex, Emby, and Jellyfin. This tool acts as a conductor overseeing all your downloads, media source access, and streaming within a single Docker container.
When deploying these projects, make sure to configure the IP settings carefully to avoid conflicts among the various Dockerized applications.
By combining these two projects, your multimedia files, streaming services, and downloads will benefit from enhanced confidentiality thanks to the VPN.
Best of luck to everyone!
Discover more here.