Today, there are several solutions available for sending heavy or voluminous files to individuals. Forget about email services, as the majority of them impose a file size limit of 25MB for attachments. Instead, you can utilize cloud services such as Google Drive, OneDrive, Dropbox, etc. Additionally, peer-to-peer file sharing services or dedicated file transfer services like Fileport, which we will introduce in this article, can be used as alternatives.
The fastest way to share large files
Fileport is a service designed for sending large files, offering both free and paid options. In the free plan, Fileport allows you to send files up to 2 GB to your friends, family, or work colleagues. The files are stored for a maximum of 7 days, which is typically sufficient for most users.
For those in need of additional features, there is the “Pro” version of Fileport. This version enables you to send files up to 2TB in size, and the files are stored indefinitely. Additionally, you have the option to protect your files with a password, ensuring their security. Moreover, you can create visually appealing photo and video albums to share your cherished memories with your loved ones.
Unlike other similar services, Fileport does not require any registration. With just two clicks, you can easily share your files. Furthermore, Fileport allows your recipients to start downloading the files as soon as you begin uploading them to the platform. This means you don’t have to wait for the entire transfer to finish before sharing the download link.
Regarding the confidentiality of your data, only individuals in possession of the download link can access your files. File transfers are encrypted for added security, and if desired, you can delete your files from Fileport’s servers at any time to maintain control over your data.
How to use Fileport?
1. Start by going to the Fileport site .
2. Once you’re on the home page, click on the “Send File” button to select the files you wish to share. Please note that you can also drag and drop your files directly onto the site page.
3. While your files are being transferred to the Fileport servers, you can wait and monitor the progress in real-time.
4. After the transfer is complete, you will receive a download link that you can simply share with your recipients.
5. Your recipients will have the option to download the files individually or download all of the files together in a ZIP file.
6. If desired, you can add additional files that will be accessible through the same URL. To do this, click on the “Add File” button. Your recipients will then have the option to download the newly added files according to their preferences.
7. Finally, if you want to delete the files, click on the “ Delete all ” button.
In conclusion, Fileport is an efficient and user-friendly service for sending large files at no cost. The free version allows you to send files up to 2 GB, which are stored for a duration of 7 days. For users with more specific requirements, the Pro version offers additional features such as the capability to send files up to 2TB in size and the option to protect files with a password. Whether you need to share files with friends, family, or colleagues, Fileport provides a reliable solution for hassle-free file transfers.