Today, for send a heavy or large file to a person, the solutions are numerous. Forget email services, as most of them allow you to email files up to 25MB in size. Instead, you can use a cloud service (Google Drive, OneDrive, Dropbox, etc.) .), a peer-to-peer file sharing service or a file transfer service as Fileport which we are going to present to you in this article.
The fastest way to share large files
Fileport is a service for sending large files that offers two formulas: one free and one paid. In its free offer, Fileport allows you tosend files up to 2 GB to your friends, family or co-workers. Files are stored for a maximum of 7 dayswhich is more than enough for most users.
If you need additional features, you can opt for the “Pro” version of Fileport. This version lets you send files up to 2TB, and files are stored for an unlimited amount of time. In addition, you have the option of protecting your files with a password to guarantee their security. You can also create beautiful photo and video albums to share your memories with your loved ones.
Unlike other similar services, Fileport does not require any registration. Two clicks are enough to share your files! Additionally, Fileport gives your recipients the option to download your files as soon as you start uploading them to the platform. So you don’t have to wait for the transfer to finish to share the download link.
Finally, concerning the confidentiality of your data, only the person or persons in possession of the download link will be able to access your data. File transfers are encryptedand if you wish, you can delete your files from Fileport’s servers at any time.
How to use Fileport?
1. Start by going to the website of Fileport.
2. Once on the home page, click on the ” Send File to select the files you want to share. Note that you can also drag and drop your files directly onto the site page.
3. Then wait while your files transfer to the Fileport servers. You can follow the progress live.
4. You will then obtain a download link that you just have to communicate to your recipients.
5. They will then be able to download your files individually or all the files grouped together in a ZIP file.
6. If you wish, you can even add other files which will be accessible via the same URL. To do this, click on the ” Add File “. Your interlocutors will then be able to download the new files added as they see fit.
7. Finally, if you want to delete the files, click on the “ Delete all “.
In conclusion, Fileport is an efficient large file sending service to send heavy files for free. With its free version, you can send files up to 2 GB, stored for up to 7 days. For more specific needs, the Pro version offers additional features such as the ability to send files up to 2TB and protect files with a password.