For share files between multiple computers connected on the same network, several solutions are available to you. However, today I present to you a simple, fast and above all free solution. Discover payloada free software that allows you to transfer files or folders between computers in a local network. To learn more about this application and how it works, I invite you to continue reading this article.
What are the different methods for sharing files on a local network?
There are several ways to share files between multiple computers connected on the same network. One of them is to use a file server. A file server is a computer connected on the network that stores all files that are shared. It is a reliable and durable solution, but it requires a certain investment and regular maintenance.
Another way to share files is to use an app like Dropbox or Google Drive. These apps allow you to store your files in the cloud and then access them from any computer with internet access. This method is ideal for computers with an Internet connection. On the other hand, if you have a large amount of data to share, you will probably have to check out, because the free versions of cloud services are often limited to a few tens of gigas.
In addition, Windows computers can share files with each other using the “nearby sharing” feature. Similarly for computers running macOS, users have the AirDrop functionality which allows them to exchange content with another Apple device located nearby. The problem is that these two methods are only compatible with computers running the same operating system.
Besides, you can also share files using a USB flash drive or an external hard drive. This allows you to physically transfer your files from one computer to another. However, this method is not the easiest and most secure.
Finally, the last method is to use the free Payload software that I present to you today in this article. This solution has the advantage of being free and cross-platform. You will be able to quickly share files on any computer (Windows, Mac or Linux) and without size limit.
Payload, file sharing made easy!
Payload is free software and open-source which allows files to be transferred between several computers connected on the same network. It is a cross-platform software which is available on Windows, macOS and Linux. Thus, you can share files or folders from one computer to another without worrying about the operating system that is installed on the machine.
The operation of Payload is very simple. All you have to do is install the app on all the computers you want to share files with, including your own. The software will automatically detect available computers and you can start sharing files or folders with them right away.
The other advantage of Payload is that it supports any type of file (document, video, music, image, archive, etc.) and of any size. In other words, you can share absolutely anything you want without worrying about file size. And if ever a transfer is interrupted for a reason X or Y, the software is able to resume it automatically.
In addition, note that file transfers with Payload are extremely fast and completely secure thanks to end-to-end encryption. No one is able to see your files since they are not transiting to a remote server. Everything happens on your local network so you don’t even need an Internet connection.
Okay, that being said, let’s now see how to use Payload to share files with another computer connected on the same network.
To share files with another computer connected to the same network, follow these steps:
1. start with download payload software from the developer’s official website.
2. Then install the program on your different computers (Windows, Mac or Linux).
3. Then open the software on the computers you want to share files with.
4. When Payload starts, you have the option to set a username, your device name, and choose an icon and color to help identify the device on your local network.
5. Then, from the main interface of the application, you will see the list of connected devices on your local network. Of course, the application must be open on other devices, in which case you will not see them.
6. Then select a file or folder you want to share. To do this, three methods are available to you. You can use drag and drop, click on the “Add files” or “Add directories” icons or use copy and paste.
7. Now, select the device you want to share your file/folder with and click the “ Send ” to send.
8. The recipient will receive a notification of receipt of files on his computer that he can accept or refuse.
9. Finally, once the transfer has been authorized and completed, the user can view the file by double-clicking on it or find the file in the “Downloads” folder. It’s that simple !
✅ That’s it, you now know how to transfer files on your local network with the Payload software.
What you must remember
Payload is undoubtedly one of the best software for easily and quickly sharing files or folders between computers on a local network. It has a user-friendly interface that is very easy to learn. Additionally, Payload is available on Windows, macOS, and Linux and is completely free to use. What more ? 😎