Are you tired of receiving spam on your Gmail account? Well, you no longer need to clear this section manually, or wait for Google’s email service to do it automatically.
Thanks to the little-used Gmail filters, any user has the option of filtering emails from a specific sender, a function that allows them to be deleted as soon as they are received.
If you want to know how to use these Gmail filters to control the spam you receive daily in your account, just keep reading. Here, we will explain to you step by step how to activate them, are you planning to miss it?
How to Enable Spam Filters in Gmail
Before explaining the procedure you must perform, it is important to clarify that these filters are not available in the Gmail application for Android and iOS, why? We do not know, even if we deduce that this function cannot be integrated into the app for “optimization” reasons.
Without further ado, here’s how to use these filters to reduce spam in Gmail:
- First, you need to log in to your Gmail account from a computer. Once you are in the inbox, you must click on the small gear that appears at the top right of the screen.
- Then you will have to click on the button that says “View all configuration”.
- You must therefore access the “Filters and blocked addresses” tab.
- In this section, you will have to click on “Create a new filter”.
- In the section called “From” (first of all) you will have to put the e-mail address(es) that send you spam type e-mails. Remember that if you put multiple email addresses, you must separate them with a comma and then leave a blank space.
- A series of options will appear, there you have to choose the one that says “Delete”.
- After checking this option, you will need to click on the blue button that says “Create filter”.
- If you have completed all the steps correctly, you will be able to see the filter created, as well as a small confirmation message from Gmail.
In this way, all emails that arrive in your Gmail account, and which match the filter you have created, will be automatically deleted by the Google mail service. In other words, you will no longer see such emails in your spam folder.
It should be added that these filters also serve to prevent emails that you receive in Gmail from ending up in the spam folder. In such cases, you should select the “Do not spam” option so that Gmail does not store them in this section.
Can these filters be changed?
The answer to this question is yes”. Gmail lets you edit filters that have been created, as well as delete them. If for some reason you made a mistake when selecting an email address when creating a filter, you must modify or delete it and then repeat the steps we left for you above .
On the other hand, many users use these filters to avoid reaching the storage limit imposed by Google. These can significantly reduce the amount of memory Gmail uses to store emails.
Without adding too much on this subject, in case you reach the space limit in your account, we recommend you to apply these 5 tricks to free up space in Gmail, they really work!