The new interface of Windows 11 is not to your liking? Do you want to customize it as you see fit? Discover TweakNow WinSecret , free software that allows you to customize the appearance of Windows 11 , but also to access “hidden” features of the system. To learn more about this tool and how it works, I invite you to read the rest of this article.
WinSecret, an application to customize Windows 11 to your liking
Since October 5, 2021, Windows 11 has taken over the torch of Windows 10, which will have had the greatest longevity among Microsoft’s operating systems. Among the novelties, we find in particular a more modern and refined interface than the previous versions.
Overall, the new design of Windows 11 has been rather well received by Windowsians. Only a handful of users regret certain things about Windows 10. For example, the new screen-centric taskbar layout didn’t exactly get everyone’s thumbs up. The same goes for the Start menu, File Explorer or the right-click context menu.
Fortunately, it is always possible to modify certain values in the Registry of Windows 11 to customize its interface. For example, you can move the taskbar to the top of the screen , restore the classic File Explorer or even disable the new context menu . The problem is that you have to get your hands dirty, and most computer novices might not be comfortable with that.
The program offers a tabbed interface that includes various settings related to the taskbar, the desktop and the general appearance of Windows 11. You can change the size of the taskbar , adjust its alignment and position, or even hide certain icons that you don’t want to see. In addition, you can show or hide desktop icons or restore the old context menu as well as the classic Windows 10 File Explorer.
Features of TweakNow WinSecret
The software interface is only available in English. Therefore, for those who are not comfortable with the language of Shakespeare, I have translated the different options available in the WinSecret software.
- Change taskbar color (light or dark)
- Change File Explorer color (light or dark)
- Show accent color on title bars and window borders
- Set window title bar size
- Show or hide desktop icons (This PC, User Files, Network, Recycle Bin and Control Panel)
- Change the spacing between desktop icons
- Show filename extensions
- Show hidden files, folders and drives
- Restore Classic File Explorer
- Prevent apps from showing me personalized ads using my advertising ID
- Disable telemetry (data collection by Microsoft)
- Disable sending anonymous data to Microsoft servers
- Enable the new Windows 11 startup animation
- Enable boot status messages during system startup, shutdown, login, and logout operations
- Enable or Disable Windows 11 Lock Screen
- Display a message before users log in. The message will be displayed before the login screen and after the lock screen appears
- Resize taskbar size (small, medium or large)
- Adjust taskbar alignment (center or left)
- Quickly jump to the last opened window
- Hide weather widget from taskbar
- Hide the Microsoft Teams icon from the taskbar
- Hide virtual desktops icon
- Hide search icon
- Enable taskbar transparency
- Enable or disable Windows 11’s new Snap Assist
- Enable or disable the old context menu
- Enable or disable the old File Explorer ribbon
What you must remember
Overall, TweakNow WinSecret is a great tool for customizing all aspects of Windows 11. It’s easy to use and offers a wide range of options so that every user can create a configuration that perfectly suits their needs.