Windows 10 comes with exciting features, including the revamped Start Menu. In this update, you’ll get a full-fledged version of Cortana and features like Battery Saver, TPM support, and Microsoft’s new biometrics security feature called Windows Hello.
But now, they want to upgrade their old Windows PC to Windows 10. There are tons of methods available to upgrade your PC, such as using a bootable USB drive, an ISO file, Virtual Box, Direct upgrade, etc.
But I don’t think most of our readers know about those methods. So, therefore, that encourages us to bring up a guide to explain how you can get the 32-bit or 64-bit tenth generation of Microsoft’s OS. So, let’s get started.
Technical Specification for Windows 10
There are exciting and valuable technical specifications that you can get with your Windows 10 OS. From Xbox to Cortana for desktop, everything is fantastic in the new Windows version.
- The Start Menu Returns.
- You’ll get a virtual assistant Cortana.
- Xbox App; therefore, if you are a gamer, then Windows 10 is for you.
- You will get a Project Spartan Browser.
- Office apps get touch support.
- Action Center replaces the charm menu of Windows 8.
- Instead of having two apps to control your device settings in PC Settings and Control Panel.
Minimum System Requirements for Windows 10
- CPU: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or a much faster processor
- RAM: 1GB for 32-bit and 2GB for 64-bit
- Storage: 16GB for 32-bit OS and 20 GB for 64-bit OS
- GPU: DirectX 9 or newer, along with WDDM 1.0 driver
- Display Size: At least 800 x 600
List of Best Methods to Download And Install Windows 10 (32-bit and 64-bit) in 2023
Several methods are available to do this, but not every method is safe for your device. However, the methods we have explained below are the safest way to do so. Therefore, now let’s get started.
Method 1: Download Windows 10 ISO File – Bootable DVD
To download and install the Windows 10 ISO file on your PC, you need to use the Windows media creation tool to create an ISO file to install Windows 10. So, here are the steps that you need to perform:
- First of all, go to the given link, “Windows 10 download page“, now from there, download the media creation tool by clicking on the Download tool now. After that, run it on your PC.
- Then, click on the Create installation media (USB flash drive, DVD, or ISO) for another PC and hit the Next button.
- After that, choose the language, edition of Windows you need, and architecture. Then, hit the Next.
- Then, click on the ISO file followed by the Next button, and that’s it. This tool will create your ISO file for you on your device.
- Finally, if you want to use that ISO file as a backup for another PC or even your PC, burn it onto a DVD or make a bootable USB drive.
- You can also choose a USB flash drive, and it will take some time to download windows 10 and make a bootable USD drive for you.
Note: Don’t forget to choose whether you want to download the 32-bit or 64-bit version. We recommend using Windows 10 64-bit if you have a minimum of 4GB of RAM installed on your PC; otherwise, go with 32 Bit architecture.
Method 2: Direct Upgrade
There’s good news; if you are using the Windows 7 or newer version, you will easily get a direct update to Windows 10 from your Windows Settings.
But the update doesn’t need to be available for everyone as it depends on your PC. So, check if there’s a direct update available for your PC or not. Then, you can follow the steps mentioned below:
- First of all, click on the Start Menu.
- After that, search for the Windows Update using the Search Bar.
- You have to choose the Windows Update option from the search list.
- Finally, click on the Check for Updates button in the next window.
That’s it. If the Windows 10 update is available for your PC, it will automatically ask you to download it. Now, you have to wait until it searches for the update.
Method 3: Download Windows 10 Without Activating
If you want to get Windows 10 for free for your computer, you can download and install the new OS without activating it. But keep in mind that using an unactivated Windows will result in the discontinuation of updates shortly.
Also, some premium features will not work, such as Personalization features and in-built applications. However, not only that but using a non-updated Windows means no technical support from the officials. In addition, you will also see a message on the bottom left corner of your desktop window, i.e., Activate Windows, Go to Settings to Activate Windows.
Method 4: Download The Student Version of Windows 10
Many users don’t know that Windows 10 Education is free for school and college students. So, suppose you are also a student and have your registered student email. In that case, we highly recommend you use the Education version because there’s not much difference between the basic, home, professional, and education versions.
Downloading Link: Education Version Windows 10
Method 5: Purchase Windows 10 Activation Key From Microsoft’s Official Website
Generally, Microsoft offers many exciting deals for its existing customers. If you don’t want to use the free version of Windows 10, we recommend you purchase the activation keys for your PC. But, this will cost you for Windows 10 Home around $139, while Pro is $199.99.
Activation Link: Windows 10 key
How To Install or Upgrade to Windows 10? Step by Step Video Guide
The Internet contains tutorials and videos on “How Can I Download Windows 10 for Free Full Version?” But most guides and videos are not helpful as they leave the process hallway, so users are confused after watching or reading those tutorials.
If you love to watch video tutorials, we pick one of the best videos that teach you to upgrade your PC to Windows 10 Home, Windows Professional, etc.