Want to install Windows 11 on your computer using a generic product key ? Upgrade an edition of Windows 11? You are in the right place ! In this article, I give you the list of Windows 11 generic keys provided by Microsoft to install or upgrade its new operating system.
- What is a generic Windows 11 product key for?
- Windows 11 Generic Product Key (Home, Pro, Enterprise…)
- KMS Generic Product Keys for Windows 11 (Home, Pro, Enterprise…)
- How to Change Product Key in Windows 11
- Method #1: via Settings
- Method #2: Via Command Prompt
What is a generic Windows 11 product key for?
A generic Windows 11 product key allows you to install the operating system or migrate from one edition to another without reinstalling the system. It’s a great way to test out Microsoft’s new operating system. So, if Windows 11 refuses to install without a product key or you got the wrong edition, you can enter the appropriate generic key.
However, note that a generic key does not allow you to activate Windows 11 to enjoy all its features. It simply allows you to install Windows 11 and test it for up to 30 days. After the trial period is over, you need to purchase a commercial license to activate the system.
Also, note that there are two types of generic license key : RTM (Released To Manufacturing) or KMS (Key Management Service). To put it simply, the generic RTM keys were designed for users say “lambdas” (individuals), while the generic KMS keys are used by companies to activate several workstations using their own activation servers.
To sum up, a Windows 11 generic key does not activate the system. It may simply allow you to install and test the system for a short time. It may also allow you to upgrade Windows 11 to a specific edition.
Come on, without further ado, here is the list of Windows 11 generic keys .
Windows 11 Generic Product Key (Home, Pro, Enterprise…)
|Windows 11 edition||RTM Generic Key|
|Windows 11 Home||YTMG3-N6DKC-DKB77-7M9GH-8HVX7|
|Windows 11 Home N||4CPRK-NM3K3-X6XXQ-RXX86-WXCHW|
|Windows 11 Pro||VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T|
|Windows 11 Pro N||2B87N-8KFHP-DKV6R-Y2C8J-PKCKT|
|Windows 11 Pro for Workstations||DXG7C-N36C4-C4HTG-X4T3X-2YV77|
|Windows 11 Pro for Workstations N||WYPNQ-8C467-V2W6J-TX4WX-WT2RQ|
|Windows 11 Pro Education||8PTT6-RNW4C-6V7J2-C2D3X-MHBPB|
|Windows 11 Pro Education N||GJTYN-HDMQY-FRR76-HVGC7-QPF8P|
|Windows 11 Education||YNMGQ-8RYV3-4PGQ3-C8XTP-7CFBY|
|Windows 11 Education N||84NGF-MHBT6-FXBX8-QWJK7-DRR8H|
|Windows 11 Enterprise||XGVPP-NMH47-7TTHJ-W3FW7-8HV2C|
|Windows 11 Enterprise N||WGGHN-J84D6-QYCPR-T7PJ7-X766F|
|Windows 11 Enterprise G N||FW7NV-4T673-HF4VX-9X4MM-B4H4T|
KMS Generic Product Keys for Windows 11 (Home, Pro, Enterprise…)
|Windows 11 edition||Generic KMS key|
|Windows 11 Home||TX9XD-98N7V-6WMQ6-BX7FG-H8Q99|
|Windows 11 Home N||3KHY7-WNT83-DGQKR-F7HPR-844BM|
|Windows 11 Pro||W269N-WFGWX-YVC9B-4J6C9-T83GX|
|Windows 11 Pro N||MH37W-N47XK-V7XM9-C7227-GCQG9|
|Windows 11 Pro for Workstations||NRG8B-VKK3Q-CXVCJ-9G2XF-6Q84J|
|Windows 11 Pro for Workstations N||9FNHH-K3HBT-3W4TD-6383H-6XYWF|
|Windows 11 Pro Education||6TP4R-GNPTD-KYYHQ-7B7DP-J447Y|
|Windows 11 Pro Education N||YVWGF-BXNMC-HTQYQ-CPQ99-66QFC|
|Windows 11 Education||NW6C2-QMPVW-D7KKK-3GKT6-VCFB2|
|Windows 11 Education N||2WH4N-8QGBV-H22JP-CT43Q-MDWWJ|
|Windows 11 Enterprise||NPPR9-FWDCX-D2C8J-H872K-2YT43|
|Windows 11 Enterprise N||DPH2V-TTNVB-4X9Q3-TJR4H-KHJW4|
|Windows 11 Enterprise G||YYVX9-NTFWV-6MDM3-9PT4T-4M68B|
|Windows 11 Enterprise G N||44RPN-FTY23-9VTTB-MP9BX-T84FV|
|Windows 11 Enterprise LTSC 2019||M7XTQ-FN8P6-TTKYV-9D4CC-J462D|
|Windows 11 Enterprise N LTSC 2019||92NFX-8DJQP-P6BBQ-THF9C-7CG2H|
How to Change Product Key in Windows 11
Generic product keys are very handy for switching between Windows 11 editions. In my example below, I walk you through how to upgrade from Windows 11 Home (Family) to Windows 11 Pro using a generic product key. However, note that the method is the same for other editions. Moreover, to carry out this tutorial, I voluntarily cut off my computer’s Internet connection, because by leaving the connection active, I got an error message. I don’t know if this will be the case with you. It’s up to you to try.
Method #1: via Settings
1. Start by going to the Windows 11 settings. To do this, click on the start menu, then select ” Settings “. You can also use the keyboard shortcut Windows+ i.
2. From the settings, click on ” System ” in the left pane, then on ” Activation ” in the right part.
3. Next, from the ” Activation ” window , click the ” Change ” button to change the Windows 11 Product Key.
4. A new window will then open from which you must enter a product key . In my example, I fill in the Windows 11 Pro generic key, because as a reminder, I want to migrate from Windows 11 Home to Windows 11 Pro. Then click “ Next ”.
5. Confirm upgrading your edition of Windows 11 by clicking the ” Start ” button.
6. Wait a few moments while preparing to upgrade…
7. When your computer restarts, the new features of Windows 11 Pro will install on your PC. Again, wait a few seconds…
8. Once restarted, you will find that your PC has successfully migrated to Windows 11 Professional.
✅ That’s it! You now know how to migrate from one edition of Windows 11 to another using a generic product key.
Method #2: Via Command Prompt
You can also change product key from a Command Prompt window. To do this, I invite you to follow these few instructions:
1. Open a new Command Prompt window . To do this, click on the start menu, then search for ” cmd ” (without the quotes) and click on ” Run as administrator ” in the right pane.
2. In Command Prompt, type the below command to change Windows 11 product key.Note : of course, replace the “X” with the generic key of your choice.
slmgr /ipk XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX
3. If Windows 11 does not activate instantly, type the following command to force the activation process:
✅ That’s it, now you know how to change Windows 11 product key using Command Prompt.