Windows XP was one of the most successful and popular operating systems that still holds a nostalgic value. It is remarkable that it had sold 400 million copies worldwide after its launch in 2001. This legendary operating system was the gateway to the modern-day operating system. Despite the retirement of Windows XP, some people still wish to use this historic operating system on their PC. Hence, you are here to download the Windows XP ISO File Professional from a trusted source. Without any delay, let’s get started.
Minimum System Requirements for Windows XP
The minimum system requirements for Windows XP are as follows:
- Pentium 233-megahertz (MHz) processor or faster (300 MHz is recommended)
- At least 64 megabytes (MB) of RAM (128 MB is recommended)
- At least 1.5 gigabytes (GB) of available space on the hard disk
- Super VGA (800 x 600) or higher-resolution video adapter and monitor
- CD-ROM or DVD drive
- Keyboard and Microsoft Mouse or compatible pointing device
Windows XP Features
Windows XP had everything to be a perfect OS. Here are some key features worth knowing.
- Windows Media Player.
- Network set up wizard.
- Brand new user interface.
- Updated security features.
- Remote desktop access.
- Support multi-tasking.
- Multi-lingual interface.
- Encryption of file system.
- Compatibility with LCD displays.
- Permission to use the dynamic disks.
Download Windows XP ISO
After the OS’s release, it continued the historic journey till 2009. And finally, Microsoft stopped the support in 2014 for next-generation operating systems.
However, you can’t find the downloadable link on Microsoft’s official website. But you download Windows XP ISO from the Microsoft server.
Here is the download link directly from the Microsoft server. You can download for 32 bits and 64 bits accordingly. If you don’t know what bits you have in your system. Follow these simple steps.
- Search for System information, and hit open.
- It will show you all the necessary data regarding your system. Now you can download it accordingly.
- Operating System – Windows XP ISO
- Service Pack – 3 (SP3)
- Language – English US
- Version – 32 bits & 64 bits
How to Create Windows Bootable Media using USB/CD or DVD
So you downloaded the Windows XP file from the provided link. Now we will create Windows bootable media using a USB stick.
You have to download and install Rufus, an open-source application used for format disks and create bootable USB flash drives for Windows 7. Windows 10 and the upper version.
Make sure you have enough space on the USB drives. We recommend you delete all files you have on the drive. Or you can store data somewhere else to keep it clean for Windows XP bootable media.
One more thing, the drive space has to be more than 4 GB. Now follow this super simple process.
- First, insert the USB stick.
- Open Rufus, and Select your device, which means choose the USB.
- Choose the Windows XP ISO file and click on the Select button from the boot selection.
- Now choose a name for the bootable device from the Volume label, or you can skip it as it is.
- Then, click on Start, which will take a few minutes to create the bootable media.
- Once all is done, a dialog box will open for confirmation. Click on Ok.
- You have successfully created the bootable media. Now time to install the OS into the system.
How to Install Windows XP ISO
Once you have the ready bootable drive, you are behind a few more steps to install the OS in your Windows.
We need to restart the system whenever you create any bootable media for installing an OS. Let’s see how we can process this together.
- Restart your system, and press the boot key before the current operating sign-in.
Laptops BrandBoot Menu KeyASUSF8AcerF12DellF12HPF9LenovoF8, F10, F12
Boot Menu KeyASUSF8GigabyteF12MSIF11IntelF10ASRockF8, F11BiostarF9
- You will get the drive list right after you. Generally, choose the inserted drive.
- Next, the legendary blue Window screen will appear.
- Now you can see a set of options. Click on Enter button to continue forward.
- Press F8 to accept the terms and conditions.
- Now choose unallocated space or already existing drive and hit Enter button.
- On the next screen, you need to select formatting options. Click on Format the partition using the NTFS file system (Quick).
- It will take a few minutes to format the drive, create a new partition, and start the installation process.
- You will see Windows XP on the screen when the format process ends.
- After this, it will take a few minutes to complete the installation process.
- On the Regional and Language options, you need to select the date, time and keyboard layout and click on the Next button.
- Now restart the system once again after completing the installation of Windows XP.
- Here we go. You are ready to rock Windows XP Professional.
Can we download Windows XP for free?
Yes, we can download Windox XP for 32 bits and 64 bits free of cost from the Microsoft server.
Is this Windows XP genuine?
Yes, the provided download link is coming from Microsoft’s official server. You can download it without any issues.
Using Windows XP in 2023 safe?
The operating system was discontinued in 2009, and Microsoft stopped its support and security patches. It may involve risk if you use it for work purposes. Otherwise, okay to use it to get back early days feelings.
Signing off – this is how you can download Windows XP ISO SP3 file for free. Following all these easy steps, you can install this on your system and use it. If you are getting any issues, let us know in the comment section.
Leave a Comment